Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will I loose my unlock

Default Will I loose my unlock
    Here is the situation.

Got my phone Jailbroken and unlocked today. Yes I paid someone to do it cause I did not have time to sit down and research the process.

He JBed and unlocked it on 3.1.3. it is an AT&T phone which I was using on Rogers (in canada). 6 months ago I accidentally upgraded it to 3.1.3 and was stuck since then. Ever since then I could not use it. Since I am in the states these days, like I said I had someone do it for me. It was stuck on the emergency call screen. I saw that he simply used the spirit jailbreak once he put in a valid AT&T sim card.

I popped in a T-mobile SIM and it brought in the contacts. Now rather than deleting these one by one, I did the mistake of doing an OS reset. Ever since then it has been stuck on the apple logo. I tried DFU mode via iTunes, but it says it will restore my phone and upgrade to 4.0 possible. My question is that will I loose my unlock if I do this?

What are my options? The person that performed the service will come to me in 3-4 days to take care of this. Is there anything I can do from my end for now?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryehigh View Post
    Here is the situation.

Got my phone Jailbroken and unlocked today. Yes I paid someone to do it cause I did not have time to sit down and research the process.

He JBed and unlocked it on 3.1.3. it is an AT&T phone which I was using on Rogers (in canada). 6 months ago I accidentally upgraded it to 3.1.3 and was stuck since then. Ever since then I could not use it. Since I am in the states these days, like I said I had someone do it for me. It was stuck on the emergency call screen. I saw that he simply used the spirit jailbreak once he put in a valid AT&T sim card.

I popped in a T-mobile SIM and it brought in the contacts. Now rather than deleting these one by one, I did the mistake of doing an OS reset. Ever since then it has been stuck on the apple logo. I tried DFU mode via iTunes, but it says it will restore my phone and upgrade to 4.0 possible. My question is that will I loose my unlock if I do this?

What are my options? The person that performed the service will come to me in 3-4 days to take care of this. Is there anything I can do from my end for now?
    If you restore to 4.0, you will still be stucked at emergency screen.
    Assuming you have 3.1.3 shsh file saved
    Now the best thing for you to do is to restore to 3.1.3.
    In order to do that , you have to edit your hosts file. Add this line to your cwindows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    Then you must download the 3.1.3 ipsw from iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials
    Do a Shift key + Restore (Itunes) and browse to 3.1.3 ipsw
    Once restored, put in an official sim card to trigger it from emergency to home screen, now
    you can use Spirit jailbreak if you have the new bootrom and unlock with Ultrasn0w. (New bootrom will have to stop here at 3.1.3

If you have the oldbootrom, and have 3.1.2 shsh blogs saved with Cydia.
    Then same thing , point your host file to Cydia, if you haven't done that.
    Download 3.1.2 ipsw and do a shift + restore and browse to 3.1.2 you downloaded.
    You will encounter error 1015, you have to use either ireb, quickpwn22, or rslite to boot your Iphone back to emergency screen. Then Blackra1n it to jailbreak.
    Once jailbrokon, create a custom iOS 4.0 either by Pwnage 4.01, or SnowBreeze 1.6.1 and it will be placed on your Desktop
    Do a shift + restore and browse to the cfw made by either pwnage or snowbreeze.
    You should not encounter errors if you cfw is correctly done.
    Once restored ,you are jailbroken at iOS 4.0, then install Ultrasn0w to unlock.
    That is it.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-26 at 05:30 AM.

How do I tell which bootrom I have from the serial number?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryehigh View Post
    How do I tell which bootrom I have from the serial number?
    Your 3rd digits of the begining from the left of your serial number must be 9 and the 4th and 5th digits must be equal or less than 40.If you satisfy this condition, then you have the old bootrom.
    Otherwise it is new bootrom.

Now , I know you have the old bootrom but you must also have 3.1.2 shsh blogs saved. read this link
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html
    it tells you how to save your shsh or whether you have your 3.1.2 shsh file.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-26 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost