Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: how to activate sim card

  1. #1
    Default how to activate sim card
    i bought this unactivated att sim card but it isnt being recognized by itunes

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

    whats the problem
    Last edited by hitman3x; 2010-06-26 at 04:12 AM.

  2. #2
    My sim cards were previously activated. Is it an iPhone 4 or 3GS?

  3. #3
    its a 3GS 3.1.3

    itunes says SIM CARD INSERTED DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE SUPPORTED

    i bought another sim card mentioned by another poster

    AT&T SIM CARD 3G NEW VERSION - eBay (item 130400342374 end time Jul-13-10 14:59:57 PDT)

    he said it worked for him...i cant see how itll work if its "new" and "new" should mean unactivated...but well see
    Last edited by hitman3x; 2010-06-26 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    alright now that SECOND SIM CARD, also doesnt work

    this was the SAME simcard that this guy mentioned

    http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...ml#post5309604

    i get the simcard inserted does not appear to be supported

    WTF!

  5. #5
    I've been having issues with activating my 3GS as well. Many people have stated that simply having any activated AT&T sim would activate the iPhone. Some have even said that an old unused sim would also activate. Unfortunately, in my situation I haven't had any luck. I've tried two different unused sims that I activated online, didn't work. I even went as far as to buy a gophone, activate the sim, and try it in the iPhone, only to have nothing happen. I'm running out of options on what to do next. I'm not on AT&T but trying to activate so I can jailbreak and unlock.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

  6. #6
    my long distance friend found his old gophone sim card and popped that in and it went right through

    how did you activate it? how hard is it to get this POS to work, theres millions of iphone owners and all this info all scattered all over the place

    what is this communistic BS, i own the phone i should be able to use it on any provider i want

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman3x View Post
    my long distance friend found his old gophone sim card and popped that in and it went right through

    how did you activate it? how hard is it to get this POS to work, theres millions of iphone owners and all this info all scattered all over the place

    what is this communistic BS, i own the phone i should be able to use it on any provider i want
    You have to unlock it in order to have it activated, otherwise the waiting for activation will keep popping up.

  8. #8
    i cant unlock it cause its on emergency screen..i have to activate it first

  9. #9
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman3x View Post
    i cant unlock it cause its on emergency screen..i have to activate it first
    Yes, that is correct, you need to get to the SpringBoard first.

  10. #10
    thats what im trying to do...

  11. #11
    ^^^lol

    im in the same boat buddy
    im on 3gs 3.1.3---NOTHING works. i feel real bad

  12. #12
    Glad(well not really) to see I'm not the only one having problems.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

  13. #13
    i got some info, i have another black 32gb 3gs, i popped that SAME SIM CARD in, and it said waiting for activation, i clicked UNLOCK THEN DIMISS now i made it to the spring board...i will try to get more details later to see if its a different model or what but it was the SAME EXACT, PC, ITUNES, and sim card, the only difference is the iphone

  14. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JRML970 View Post
    I've been having issues with activating my 3GS as well. Many people have stated that simply having any activated AT&T sim would activate the iPhone. Some have even said that an old unused sim would also activate. Unfortunately, in my situation I haven't had any luck. I've tried two different unused sims that I activated online, didn't work. I even went as far as to buy a gophone, activate the sim, and try it in the iPhone, only to have nothing happen. I'm running out of options on what to do next. I'm not on AT&T but trying to activate so I can jailbreak and unlock.
    same thing <-- @@

  15. #15
    need MB489FB/A Luxembourg LUXGSM IMSI ? anybody..S.O.S

  16. #16
    Finally, solved my problem. Come to find out the phone was originally from Canada. I checked it from the model number. That would explain why none of the AT&T sims would activate it. If you want to check which country, and possible which carrier, your phone originates from here's the LINK.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

  17. #17
    Glad that worked for you. Checked the model number of my iPhone and it was a US iPhone and still no AT&T sim card works in it. It seems like a dead end for me. Regardless of Which sim card I insert iTunes keeps on giving me a phone number and telling me to activate it using the ss# and billing zip code. I'm afraid I might wind up signing a new contract. If all fails, I'm gonna give the phone back to the person I got it from and tell him to activate it for me so I can actually use it. It's a useless gift right now lol. I even upgraded to 4.0 to see if I can get past the activation screen an still no luck, so I just downgraded back to 3.1.3.

    Thanks guys

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •