Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What are my option on 3GS???

Default What are my option on 3GS???
    Hey guys,

I have a 3GS currently on 3.1.2 and is jailbroken with 05.11.07 and bl 06.04.

I want to unlock the phone, everytime i install snow from cydia i lose signal it says no service so i have to uninstall it.

I had it unlocked on previous versions.

Can i upgrade to 3.1.3 or 4.0 and jailbreak/unlock???

If so can someone point me to a guide out there? I have been looking for a while and cant find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2985 View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a 3GS currently on 3.1.2 and is jailbroken with 05.11.07 and bl 06.04.

I want to unlock the phone, everytime i install snow from cydia i lose signal it says no service so i have to uninstall it.

I had it unlocked on previous versions.

Can i upgrade to 3.1.3 or 4.0 and jailbreak/unlock???

If so can someone point me to a guide out there? I have been looking for a while and cant find anything.

Thanks in advance.
    If you have the old bootrom, you can use custom firmware iOS 4
    If you have the new bootrom, you cannot restore to Cfw iOS 4
    So it all depends what bootrom you have.

I have this same issue with 3GS 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 I have tmobile and cannot get service. My phone was unlocked until I installed a new battery. Now When I run unlock through blackrai1n it doesnt work. SOmetimes it said tmobile carrier but not for long and it did not work. What are my options with this bootrom and how do I do it? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newiphone27 View Post
    I have this same issue with 3GS 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 I have tmobile and cannot get service. My phone was unlocked until I installed a new battery. Now When I run unlock through blackrai1n it doesnt work. SOmetimes it said tmobile carrier but not for long and it did not work. What are my options with this bootrom and how do I do it? Thanks in advance.
    Your service has nothing to do with Bootroms, uninstall blacksnow. Then go to Cydia and add this repo ;
    cydia.pushfix.info and install Blacksn0wRC2.
    Reboot. .. see if you are getting any signal and remember to turn off the 3G.

I already had the BlacksnOwRC2. I just removed it with 3G off and reinstalled it. Looks like it works for a few seconds but then it goes to no service again. I see that there is a Blacksn0w forRC2 for OS4, should I upgrade and use that? Will that work or put me in a worse situation than i am already in?

what the new or old bootrom and how do i find out which on i have and which one is the good one i can use to upgrade to 4.0 custom

Thanks

I already had the BlacksnOwRC2. I just removed it with 3G off and reinstalled it. Looks like it works for a few seconds but then it goes to no service again. I see that there is a Blacksn0w forRC2 for OS4, should I upgrade and use that? Will that work or put me in a worse situation than i am already in?
    Unistall Blacksn0wRC2 and try out Ultrsn0w to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Unistall Blacksn0wRC2 and try out Ultrsn0w to unlock.
    I just tried this and now my iphone is stuck on the apple logo screen!! PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2985 View Post
    what the new or old bootrom and how do i find out which on i have and which one is the good one i can use to upgrade to 4.0 custom
    Only old bootrom can be jailbroken at iOS 4.0. To find out by serial number, if your 4th and 5th digits starting from the left of your serial number is less than or equal to 40, you can safely say that you have the oldbootrom, otherwise they are all new bootrom. You can also check by using USBview, make sure you check the config decriptor and hit F5 to refresh and your Iphone must be in etiher recovery mode or DFU mode to be able to see the info.
    I should advise you not to upgrade to iOS 4 , I myself decided to downgrade back to 3.1.3 now as I have found most of Cydia & Rock apps don't work anymore and I can't access my paid apps anymore.

I tried to restore in DFU mode but apple says im not eligible. Still stuck at this apple logo. I have SHSH files saved but dont know how to use?? What can I try now to get my phone back?

Thanks

I tried to restore in DFU mode but apple says im not eligible. Still stuck at this apple logo. I have SHSH files saved but dont know how to use?? What can I try now to get my phone back?
    Have you edited your hosts file to point to Saurik Server :
    For pc : Cwindows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

Open up hosts file and add this line at the bottom or last line

" 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com " without the quote and saved it.

If you are a vista/win7 user, you have to run it as Admin, only then it will allow you to save it.

You have to reboot your pc

Then do the Shift + restore and browse to the firmware you want to restore.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Newiphone27 (2010-06-28)

I restored it and now just have to get an att sim card to activate. Thank you very much for your help. Ill keep ya posted.

i have iphone 3gs 3.1.3 i am stuck at the apple logo can anyone help please? i don't have if i have shsh files saved nor do i know how to access it? also i have a 3g also with the same issue any help would be great thanks