Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking for Dummies!!......errr.....me!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking for Dummies!!......errr.....me!!
    I recently bought a new, sealed 32gb 3GS iphone, Model no.A1303, part no.MC133X/A. When connected to itunes it has the "connect to itunes" emergency screen & "incorrect SIM" installed.
    Therefore I know it's locked, but what version??, what base band?? & what exact procedure for unlocking & upgraded to iOS 4?
    Please reply & thanks in advance.

If the phone is 3.1.3 then you will need an ATT sim card to get it activated. Then you can jailbreak it and unlock it.

The hard part is being able to jailbreak, after that all there is to unlocking is installing a package on cydia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CoasterFuelPhil For This Useful Post:

jim styl (2010-07-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jim styl View Post
    I recently bought a new, sealed 32gb 3GS iphone, Model no.A1303, part no.MC133X/A. When connected to itunes it has the "connect to itunes" emergency screen & "incorrect SIM" installed.
    Therefore I know it's locked, but what version??, what base band?? & what exact procedure for unlocking & upgraded to iOS 4?
    Please reply & thanks in advance.
    Most likely you are at OS 3.1.3 which is jailbreakable and unlockable. So your best bet is to get the official sim card to activate it ( The sim card does not need to be acivated before, does not need to have any service, will do the trick) rather than sitting and waiting is a nighmare.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Yeow. So once i get the sim card & leave it at the default OS, jailbreak & unlock (with what exactly?). Haven't the Dev team found an unlock for OS 4? Thanks again.

Thanks

The baseband for 3G and 3GS at OS 4.0 is already unlockable by Ultrasn0w except there is no jailbreak for 3GS at OS 4.0

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

jim styl (2010-07-05)

hi, i'm in the Philippines and i have iphone 3gs 32gb firmware 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01 bootloader 6.4 model mc133. i don't know what is activation, unlocking and jailbreaking. i bought my iphone before having 3.1.2fw and lots of games and apps on it and i accidentally update it to 3.1.3 now my games are gone i did even restore it 10x still my games never came back, now all i can do is call and sms. what can i do to bring back my games? need help pls!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aris4ever View Post
    hi, i'm in the Philippines and i have iphone 3gs 32gb firmware 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01 bootloader 6.4 model mc133. i don't know what is activation, unlocking and jailbreaking. i bought my iphone before having 3.1.2fw and lots of games and apps on it and i accidentally update it to 3.1.3 now my games are gone i did even restore it 10x still my games never came back, now all i can do is call and sms. what can i do to bring back my games? need help pls!
    If you have purchased from Apple, you can synced it back to your Iphone, if you downloaded it from the internet, we can't help you, piracy is stealing and is not allowed here.