Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not...

Default This SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not...
    I just landed in China for a holiday, I am from Canada and have a 3GS that is originally locked to Rogers. It is running a custom pwnagetool 4.0 IPSW w/05.11.07 with the new UltraSn0w and was activated with the Rogers SIM. I do not want to roam on Rogers for $3.00/min...

I have a pre-paid SIM that I purchased here in Beijing. I then activated the SIM, (not the phone) using a local factory unlocked Motorola flip phone at the SIM retailer.

I was under the impression that since I installed UltraSn0w it would not ask me to connect to iTunes. But it did as soon as I put the China Mobile SIM in ("A different SIM has been detected, please connect to iTunes"). So I connect it and I get this:

Meanwhile I am able to make emergency calls and it displays full service with Chinese characters as the carrier name.

Any ideas on what I can do? A restore in not an option for me at this time using a custom IPSW as I am using my girlfriends macbook and my music and backups are on my macbook.

oh and if I put my Rogers SIM back in it goes back to normal. (roaming of course)

Thanks

bumping this as I'm abroad and been looking for a solution all night. thanks
    Last edited by mcozea; 2010-06-25 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost