Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pay as you go sim card mystery unsolved

Default Pay as you go sim card mystery unsolved
    So this is my unsolved mystery that I have and the only thing that I can think it may be, is that my gf's sim card has some memory on there from her backup in itunes.
    So she has a 3G 16GB iPhone with a pay as you go sim card and was on 3.1.3 FW with JB/UL by of course the new ultrasn0w Now she wanted me to update her FW to the new IOS4 so i did. I installed itunes 9.2 first, backed up all her purchases, then did a full backup, then restored it with the new IOS4 FW. All went smooth without a hitch, but here's where the mystery comes in. When the update was complete I knew it needed to be hacktivated, I knew it needed cydia, and to be unlocked. Well for some crazy reason it was already hacktivated, unlocked, and had the wallpaper background already setup on the springboard Do you guys think that it's from her sim card that had that setup stored on there, because it's usually emergency connect to itunes picture, and NOT unlocked. It's not a bad thing, but a very fast n easy way to do her phone cuz all I needed to do was JB it

Now what really puzzles me is that it's a pay as you go sim card which has no connection for activation vs a original sim card that activated the phone from day one

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tropics View Post
    So this is my unsolved mystery that I have and the only thing that I can think it may be, is that my gf's sim card has some memory on there from her backup in itunes.
    So she has a 3G 16GB iPhone with a pay as you go sim card and was on 3.1.3 FW with JB/UL by of course the new ultrasn0w Now she wanted me to update her FW to the new IOS4 so i did. I installed itunes 9.2 first, backed up all her purchases, then did a full backup, then restored it with the new IOS4 FW. All went smooth without a hitch, but here's where the mystery comes in. When the update was complete I knew it needed to be hacktivated, I knew it needed cydia, and to be unlocked. Well for some crazy reason it was already hacktivated, unlocked, and had the wallpaper background already setup on the springboard Do you guys think that it's from her sim card that had that setup stored on there, because it's usually emergency connect to itunes picture, and NOT unlocked. It's not a bad thing, but a very fast n easy way to do her phone cuz all I needed to do was JB it

Now what really puzzles me is that it's a pay as you go sim card which has no connection for activation vs a original sim card that activated the phone from day one

Thanks.
    I assume your GF has a go phone ATT SIM in the phone. There should be no problem with restoring standard IOS4 on a phone with a go phone ATT SIM. However, I think you will find the phone is neither JAIL BROKEN OR UNLOCKED. You do not need an Iphone SIM to activate an iphone only an ATT SIM even an inactive one.

Quote Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
    I assume your GF has a go phone ATT SIM in the phone. There should be no problem with restoring standard IOS4 on a phone with a go phone ATT SIM. However, I think you will find the phone is neither JAIL BROKEN OR UNLOCKED. You do not need an Iphone SIM to activate an iphone only an ATT SIM even an inactive one.
    This is not an ATT sim, it's a rogers from canada, so idk what you mean by a go phone ATT. It's not a problem I have, just curious how it happened?