Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This post is my last chance. Please help! Unlocking without WIFI

Default This post is my last chance. Please help! Unlocking without WIFI
    I have a restored then jailbroken with Spirit iphone 3G with 3.1.3 FW and 5.12.01 BB.

Here´s the problem. The WIFI is Dead.
    So.. after hours of browsing the net in dozens of forums this is my work till now:

I need to connect by USB. So i tried first with software like iphonebrowser, ifunbox, diskaid, etc. But they need a package known as afc2add so they can read the root folders.
    But to install that file i have to enter cydia which i cant.

Then I tried to enter by SSH to the phone.
    I ran WinSCP along with itunnel being opened.
    When i try to enter to the phone with the 127.0.0.1 IP, port 22, it shows an error message in the tunnel program window and i cant login because the iphone has not openSSH installed and running, and i cant because i dont have WIFI.

I tried Cyder2 too. And even i can copy the deb files inside autoinstall and cache folders, they wont appear in cydia´s packages, even after restarting it lots of times.

I also thought that i could get this small files by 3G or EDGE, but an error appears saying: "could not activate cellular data network" and the only way i found to fix that message is connecting by wifi to unlockit.co.nz from the iphone. Soooo, im running in circles.

Is there any other way? Thanks.
    Last edited by walpap; 2010-06-24 at 08:50 PM.