Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help with unlocking new boot rom

Default need help with unlocking new boot rom
    I have a locked 3GS, 3.1.3, 5.12.01, with NEW BOOT rom....it's stuck on the emergency calling screen. I need to unlock it and I don't have the original SIM to activate it.

I have read a lot of information here and on the internet in general....and now I'm just confused.....it looks like all the new unlocks and jailbreaks are for the Older boot rom only. can someone pls help me regarding this problem?? what are my options?? how can I unlock and activate it??? i would really appreciate the help.

You can use any sim from it's original carrier not necessarily the same one bought with.

Press Thanks if I deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by sadiluke View Post
    I have a locked 3GS, 3.1.3, 5.12.01, with NEW BOOT rom....it's stuck on the emergency calling screen. I need to unlock it and I don't have the original SIM to activate it.

I have read a lot of information here and on the internet in general....and now I'm just confused.....it looks like all the new unlocks and jailbreaks are for the Older boot rom only. can someone pls help me regarding this problem?? what are my options?? how can I unlock and activate it??? i would really appreciate the help.
    Agree with DRMAS. You need to (1) Activate it with any SIM card from orignal carrier, this can be payandgo Sim card. (2) Make sure you are on itunes 9.1 or 9.1.1 and then (3) jailbreak with "Spirit" then use CYDIA and (4) install ultrasn0w to unlock.