Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using a non iPhone sim card

Question Using a non iPhone sim card
    So I have the first generation iPhone and I'm getting the iPhone 4. My dad wants to use my old iPhone without getting another data plan, he doesn't use anything internet related so I would just turn off the edge with sbsettings. But my question is, is there any way to stick his SIM card in there and not have to activate it through iTunes? Will unlocking do that?

Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unlocking will do that but AT&T will know you are using an iPhone and still stick you with a data plan

even if I completely turn off edge?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yep

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I disagree, AT&T wouldn't know nothing as far as they're concerned you've upgraded to iPhone 4 and would turn off service on iPhone 1 when you activate iPhone 4.

You just get a sim from T Mobile and stick that in iPhone 1 after JB and unlock. You're good to go.

If dad has already sim card then that's fine too. Don't listen to above poster.
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 2010-06-24 at 10:27 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    I disagree, AT&T wouldn't know nothing as far as they're concerned you've upgraded to iPhone 4 and would turn off service on iPhone 1 when you activate iPhone 4.

You just get a sim from T Mobile and stick that in iPhone 1 after JB and unlock. You're good to go.

If dad has already sim card then that's fine too. Don't listen to above poster.
    He never said anything about T-Mobile. I assumed they were both on AT&T in which case yes, he should listen to me.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    He never said anything about T-Mobile. I assumed they were both on AT&T in which case yes, he should listen to me.
    Sorry but I disagree with you. I used a Go phone "payandgo" from ATT for four months while I was waiting on an unlock to transfer to T-mobile. Never had a problem.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nebo1ss For This Useful Post:

RC_OZ (2010-06-25)