Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you activate iPhone 4 if you don't have AT&T

you can update your iphone to 4.1 and even then you will be able to use limera1n . i did mine & it works

geohotz rocks! man, you truly under appreciate his skills when he leaves the scene.

i can confirm that limera1n hactivates the 3gs new bootrom as well.

hats off to geohotz. can use my 3gs finally after 6 months of waiting.

wish he would stick around the scene longer until ios 5.0 comes out =)

I had one of those iphone4 that was locked due to SSN and zip. Its now jailbroken with Limera1n. Finally! So I cut my att sim to micro sim but it doesnt seem to get any att signal. Anyone having this problem? Is there something Im missing in the settings to activate it? Ugh another set back.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper33 View Post
    I had one of those iphone4 that was locked due to SSN and zip. Its now jailbroken with Limera1n. Finally! So I cut my att sim to micro sim but it doesnt seem to get any att signal. Anyone having this problem? Is there something Im missing in the settings to activate it? Ugh another set back.
    it will work once ultrasnow (in cydia) is released with an update for firmware 02.10.04 & above.

Quote Originally Posted by ravz View Post
    it will work once ultrasnow (in cydia) is released with an update for firmware 02.10.04 & above.
    I have service with At&t though, I would need to unlock to use it?

I have service with At&t though, I would need to unlock to use it?
    Limera1n surprise
    After a few very dramatic days in the jailbreak community, geohot has come out of nowhere to release limera1n. Itís a bootrom-level jailbreak that works on the iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G, the iPad, and (technically) the AppleTV 2G.

DO NOT USE LIMERA1N IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W CARRIER UNLOCK ó wait for PwnageTool to incorporate the limera1n exploit. This is so that you can avoid updating your baseband and losing the unlock (possibly forever). read more here

so we have to wait for pwangetool

Quote Originally Posted by ravz View Post
    Limera1n surprise
    After a few very dramatic days in the jailbreak community, geohot has come out of nowhere to release limera1n. Itís a bootrom-level jailbreak that works on the iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G, the iPad, and (technically) the AppleTV 2G.

DO NOT USE LIMERA1N IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W CARRIER UNLOCK ó wait for PwnageTool to incorporate the limera1n exploit. This is so that you can avoid updating your baseband and losing the unlock (possibly forever). read more here

so we have to wait for pwangetool
    Thanks ravz for the heads up. I looked into ultrasnow before seeing your new reply and I have the firmware that ultrasnow is intended for. Now my sim card works perfectly. Everything is working fine for now. Im not planning on doing any updates. Since it works, Im keeping it as is for now.

Great! what firmware are u on ?

firmware 1.59, IOS4.0

Thanks ravz for the heads up. I looked into ultrasnow before seeing your new reply and I have the firmware that ultrasnow is intended for. Now my sim card works perfectly. Everything is working fine for now. Im not planning on doing any updates. Since it works, Im keeping it as is for now.
    Guys any news about this, how i can bypass the ssn and the zipcode thing... helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

News about what? This thread is over a year old. Tools are updated.
    What's your problem?

i got the new iphone4 white, and whenever i connect it to ITUNES it asks for the SSN and billing zipcode for AT&T. How can i bypass this and unlock it. Thank you

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use the information provided when you purchased the iPhone.

My wife bought it from me as a gift from someone on craigslist. is there anyway to fix this problem?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The only solution is to restore.

How can i do that? will it effect anything later? sorry i'm new to IPHONE world

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Phone model? What SHSH blobs? Current modem firmware? Do you need an unlock? Links below will help you answer the questions.

Yes i need to unlock it. how i can get these details? please note that i don't have access to the phone so the only details i have are the stuff on the box."part no, serial no. I tried the links on the page bottom but it didn't help much. Thank you for your time.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Without more information we can't help you. Re-read 'all about shsh' again.

You don't recommend using LIMERA1N to bypass the ssn and zipcode page, i can see in an earlier post that someone is warning of using it and asking to wait for PwnageTool .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567