Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you activate iPhone 4 if you don't have AT&T

Default restoring an IMEI locked phone
    Hi Guys!

Question: let's say that after I succeeded convincing the seller/first owner to give me the last 4 SSN digits and the zip code(or to activate the original SIM on call with AT&T) and I'll finally activate the phone, then jailbreak and unlocked it...

When I'll do the first restore/upgrade will I need again the original SIM to be active, and the same information(SSN and zip code) in order to reactivate the phone via itunes?

10x

Quote Originally Posted by pety22 View Post
    Hi Guys!

Question: let's say that after I succeeded convincing the seller/first owner to give me the last 4 SSN digits and the zip code(or to activate the original SIM on call with AT&T) and I'll finally activate the phone, then jailbreak and unlocked it...

When I'll do the first restore/upgrade will I need again the original SIM to be active, and the same information(SSN and zip code) in order to reactivate the phone via itunes?

10x
    Any AT&T sim should be OK, but the same information must be filled in again. I faced the same problem with the classic iphone 2G whihc still required me to fill in zip code and SSN# after I restored the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    Any AT&T sim should be OK, but the same information must be filled in again. I faced the same problem with the classic iphone 2G whihc still required me to fill in zip code and SSN# after I restored the phone.

I've called AT&T about this and they told me that they can't help me and to call Apple. I called Apple and the apple representative told me that once I've entered the AT&T account information in itunes then, they will remain registered and if I upgrade/restore the phone, if I have the original SIM card, even if it is deactivated the AT&T account information will no longer be required.
    I don't now if I can trust them.
    Last edited by pety22; 2010-09-08 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I made someone unlock my iphone 4g but outside usa ... and I think it was locked because when I connected it before, itunes asked for the original sim card.

What the guy did was:

-he used a universal sim card (he told me he bought it from china)

the iphone got instantly activated, he told me it was easier outside of usa because here we dont have AT&T signal... my problem before was the activation ... then he used cydia to unlock and jailbreak it ... I told you before I live in southamerica so I think it`s easier here. Well I recomend that you can buy a universal sim card from china (on ebay) ... good luck guys ... I hope you will activate and unlock your iphones ...

He also told me that phonebook cards doesnt work anymore because the first week people discovered them, they overused it ... so apple got it and solved it ...

This may not be legit but if you know someone that works at AT&T... You could give them your imei # of your iphone4 and they should be able to give you the info?

I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by pipexxxx View Post
    I made someone unlock my iphone 4g but outside usa ... and I think it was locked because when I connected it before, itunes asked for the original sim card.

What the guy did was:

-he used a universal sim card (he told me he bought it from china)

the iphone got instantly activated, he told me it was easier outside of usa because here we dont have AT&T signal... my problem before was the activation ... then he used cydia to unlock and jailbreak it ... I told you before I live in southamerica so I think it`s easier here. Well I recomend that you can buy a universal sim card from china (on ebay) ... good luck guys ... I hope you will activate and unlock your iphones ...

He also told me that phonebook cards doesnt work anymore because the first week people discovered them, they overused it ... so apple got it and solved it ...

The situation you're describing is for iphones that are only network locked, not by IMEI for a specific account(like the ones from AT&T bought as an contract upgrade, which have their IMEI scanned and registered in AT&T database with the owners account information).

Hi Guys!

10x
    Google is your best friend. Try to do a google search before flooding the forums with questions that have already been answered.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post5392746

To all Iphone 4 and 3GS new boot rom oweners that are stuck on the SSN & Zip Code Screen, there are NO SOLUTION to bypass and activate your phone! NO phonebook sim card, DITS, a friend's active IP4 sim, DFU, or any other solutions would work. Don't waste your time & more $.

Your phone was bought from the Apple online store and is LOCKED to the original owner's account (hence using your friend's SIM card or a phonebook SIM is USELESS) who likely got the IP4/ 3GS at a discount and therefore extending the contract but has not fulfill his/her end of the commitment to the carrier (AT&T) by activating the IP4 with their 4 digits SSN & Zip Code. Phones bought from AT&T directly or other partners DO NOT have this problem (hence susceptible to the sherif hasim method of the phonebook sim card hack).

I have spent countless hours already on this topic since 3.1.3 (1.5 years and counting) and THERE IS NOT SOLUTION. YOU HAVE A USELESS BRICK.

THE ONLY SOLUTION is if the dev team find a way to hactivate the device on the next jailbreak (which is NOT their priority as people like us are in the minority). You can feel free to petition to the dev team on twitter (MuscleNerd, pod2g, planetbeing, iphone_dev) on this.

The only other solution is to get the original owner's SSN and zip or return for another phone.

In future, kindly do a google search and stop wasting people's time in answering old questions.

Quote Originally Posted by iNok View Post
    I have three of them that cannot be used and the sellers refused to help and since they are sealed, eBay decided the case in the seller's favor. It is really not fair. I paid about US$2400 and the phone4 cannot be used!!!

Can anyone advise what should I do? I went to AT&T and Apple and all of their personnel just asked me to contact the original owner to get their last 4 digits of #SSN and zip code. I tried, but all of them donít want to release the information.
    Google is your best friend. Try to do a google search before flooding the forums with questions that have already been answered.

To all Iphone 4 and 3GS new boot rom oweners that are stuck on the SSN & Zip Code Screen, there are NO SOLUTION to bypass and activate your phone! NO phonebook sim card, DITS, a friend's active IP4 sim, DFU, or any other solutions would work. Don't waste your time & more $.

Your phone was bought from the Apple online store and is LOCKED to the original owner's account (hence using your friend's SIM card or a phonebook SIM is USELESS) who likely got the IP4/ 3GS at a discount and therefore extending the contract but has not fulfill his/her end of the commitment to the carrier (AT&T) by activating the IP4 with their 4 digits SSN & Zip Code. Phones bought from AT&T directly or other partners DO NOT have this problem (hence susceptible to the sherif hasim method of the phonebook sim card hack).

I have spent countless hours already on this topic since 3.1.3 (1.5 years and counting) and THERE IS NOT SOLUTION. YOU HAVE A USELESS BRICK.

THE ONLY SOLUTION is if the dev team find a way to hactivate the device on the next jailbreak (which is NOT their priority as people like us are in the minority). You can feel free to petition to the dev team on twitter (MuscleNerd, pod2g, planetbeing, iphone_dev) on this.

The only other solution is to get the original owner's SSN and zip or return for another phone.

In future, kindly do a google search and stop wasting people's time in answering old questions.
    Last edited by ultrasoul; 2010-09-11 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Guys!

10x
    wait for iphone 4.1 jailbreak it will hopefully solve your situation.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...od-news-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasoul View Post

You didn't understand pety22's question. Read posts carefully before answering to them.

I'm reposting this question since it hasn't been answered yet and ultrasoul's post gives a false impression that it has.

When I do the first restore/upgrade in the future will I need again the original SIM to be active, and the same information(SSN and zip code) in order to reactivate the phone via iTunes?
    Last edited by Boorish; 2010-09-13 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello guys,

I've read through this thread but just wanted to confirm. I'm livin gin Sweden and got an iPhone sent to me from USA. I could use it and everything but today I was stupid enough to try to downgrade the baseband and as I restored the iPhone it now says

"No SIM card istalled. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

So I don't have any SSN and zip problems just this. It should be enough to get it to work by getting an ATT micro sim card on Ebay right? Something like this one ATT micro sim

Thanks in advance! I'm really freaking out here

Quote Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
    Hello guys,

I've read through this thread but just wanted to confirm. I'm livin gin Sweden and got an iPhone sent to me from USA. I could use it and everything but today I was stupid enough to try to downgrade the baseband and as I restored the iPhone it now says

"No SIM card istalled. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

So I don't have any SSN and zip problems just this. It should be enough to get it to work by getting an ATT micro sim card on Ebay right? Something like this one ATT micro sim

Thanks in advance! I'm really freaking out here

your phone got locked back to at&t . the only options left for you are
    -get the ssn & zip code from the seller
    - wait for iphone 4.1 jailbreak

getting a at&t micro sim card would not help , i tried this already on my phone and still asks me for ssn & zip code. so do not buy any unlocking sim card they are all incompatible with AT&T phones.

i would recommend you to wait for 4.1 jailbreak which would be out hopefully this month.

Quote Originally Posted by ravz View Post
    your phone got locked back to at&t . the only options left for you are
    -get the ssn & zip code from the seller
    - wait for iphone 4.1 jailbreak

getting a at&t micro sim card would not help , i tried this already on my phone and still asks me for ssn & zip code. so do not buy any unlocking sim card they are all incompatible with AT&T phones.

i would recommend you to wait for 4.1 jailbreak which would be out hopefully this month.
    The thing is that it doesn't ask me for the SSN & the zip code, it just asks me for a valid SIM

Quote Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
    The thing is that it doesn't ask me for the SSN & the zip code, it just asks me for a valid SIM
    try restoring to different version of iOS .
    if it was 4.0 try 4.0.1

An update: I just got the ATT Micro SIM card that I ordered from Ebay and it worked! As I suspected it seems that if the iPhone has been activated once, it's activated for ever

I just put the SIM card into the iPhone, plugged the phone to the computer and started iTunes. In there it asked me to choose between using it as a new iPhone or restoring to my latest backup and voilŠ I can use it as a iPod now.

Unfortunately the baseband is still upgraded so I may have to wait a little bit longer until I can unlock it and use it as an actual phone but at least it's usable now

Its here folks! and its real!! Geohot is back big time with limera1n jailbreak for all iOS devices including: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G / 3G / 2G, untethered running iOS 4.1.

Limera1n is currently available for Windows only. Mac and Linux version are expected to drop soon. Stay tuned as we will be back with full instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 4.1, on all devices with Limera1n.

Download Limera1n for Windows

i just jailbroke my iphone 4 after months n months of wait.

Correction - cydia installed after restart through limera1n app
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-10 at 03:44 AM.

That's great news! Please update us soon.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ravz View Post
    Its here folks! and its real!! Geohot is back big time with limera1n jailbreak for all iOS devices including: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G / 3G / 2G, untethered running iOS 4.1.

Limera1n is currently available for Windows only. Mac and Linux version are expected to drop soon. Stay tuned as we will be back with full instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 4.1, on all devices with Limera1n.

Download Limera1n for Windows [Mirror]

i just jailbroke my iphone 4 after months n months of wait.

i installed this on my iphone 4 and finally it bypassed itunes activation page and now i am able to see default apple apps and see what's in iphone 4 but limera1n did not add cydia . hopefully greenpOison will add that tomorrow.

i tried limera1n. i does not help with hactivation of the ssn/zip code locked 3gs new bootrom =(

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasoul View Post
    i tried limera1n. i does not help with hactivation of the ssn/zip code locked 3gs new bootrom =(
    something is up with 3gs newbootrom hopefully it will be fixed in greenpOison 2morrow.

but m so happy i got my iphone 4 working after months of wait.

after month of wait finely jb with limera1n and pass the ssn and bzc!!!!
    im om iphone 4 4.0.1

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast