Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you activate iPhone 4 if you don't have AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    Im working on it as fast as I can. LOL! I do have a life outside my cellphone. Patience Obi-wan!
    -tried dits card from uk fone funshop it just show iphone (only in blurry text) doesn,t activate it.
    -Bought a different at&t sim card didn,t work either.
    -called apple they belive only at&t can fix.
    -called at&t they say the account info is confidential.
    -tried everything possible to get iphone activated no success.

now the only hope left is of you Varmit. please help us

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

open the phone, disconnect the touchscreen, go to apple.com and make a warranty claim beacuse "touch doesn't work" you don't need the receipt or anything, the phone is less than a year old and they know it by the serial number, they will send a new phone and a label for you to send the "broken" phone back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok i sold a factory unlocked iphone to someone in the u.s. who uses tmobile. she said the following in her emails to me.

sim accepted no service and a lock next to it wants to hook up to itunes but can not

ya cut my card will not see sim
    so far it does not accept t-mobile iphone is locked or it says pin locked

now im here in canada shes in the u.s. i dont have the phone in front of me so theres not much i can do. im one of those people that i need to have it in my hand to figure things out.

she said cut the sim card so i really have no clue what to tell her. unless apple shipped a locked phone theres not much i can do. has anyone else had the same problems? pls let me know as i know if i was in her shows id be frustrated cuz i want to use my new toy

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    Im working on it as fast as I can. LOL! I do have a life outside my cellphone. Patience Obi-wan!
    ne update or gud news yet Varmit

Default Tried
    Quote Originally Posted by ravz View Post
    ne update or gud news yet Varmit
    Yea I have about stroked out on it. I can not get past 30+ or so iGuess's. It stops taking requests. I think I'm about to give up. I have been on this for almost a month and have about exhausted myself. Im about to just release the code on Google code and let someone else have a shot at it. Ill prob make a binary, and release the C code for it. I am sorry guys, I have done my best. I did tell everyone at the beginning that I would release the code.

Please don't be mad at me lol!

iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Im not sure if this has been done...but can we go to an apple store and say that we bought it from an outside source and unable to access the zip and ssn. would we be able to get a replacement or an exchange without an original apple receipt? it should still be under warranty. its quite BS, if this phone is just a brick. i might as well smash it?
    Last edited by thumper33; 2010-09-01 at 06:47 AM. Reason: adding a line

Quote Originally Posted by thumper33 View Post
    Im not sure if this has been done...but can we go to an apple store and say that we bought it from an outside source and unable to access the zip and ssn. would we be able to get a replacement or an exchange without an original apple receipt? it should still be under warranty. its quite BS, if this phone is just a brick. i might as well smash it?
    I went to both AT&T and Apple. Apple staff refused to replace the phone as it has not been activated yet and they said it is not defect, so I cannot ask for the replacement.

you think there are a lot of us out there with this problem? wondering if we can file enough complaints and apple will do something about it like there antenna issue. whats the point of making a product un-useable when its perfectly capable of working. just because we are a third party that bought it, doesnt give them the right to turn us down and not solve the situation.

you think there are a lot of us out there with this problem? wondering if we can file enough complaints and apple will do something about it like there antenna issue. whats the point of making a product un-useable when its perfectly capable of working. just because we are a third party that bought it, doesnt give them the right to turn us down and not solve the situation.
    well the only next option left wud be jailbreak of next update 4.1 via redsnow, quickpwn or spirit etc if devteam really release a jailbreak without jailbreakme.com
    so if ne one gets info or news regarding jailbreak of iphone 4 via pc please collaborate. hopefully update comes this or next week.
    we should not hope for a solution from apple at all because they are unable to resolve their own affairs and are being accused of releasing a phone with permanent issues.

Get ready to Update iphone to 4.1. Dev team please release jailbreak asap via pc iOS 4.1 Release Date – Week Beginning September 6
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-09-01 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

will the new 4.1 full jailbreak will help to pass this ssn billing zip code problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bentzile View Post
    will the new 4.1 full jailbreak will help to pass this ssn billing zip code problem?
    yes, if dev team releases any of these jailbreaking tools like quickpwn, spirit or redsnow etc than we just have to run the program but if they release something for jailbreakme.com than it will not.

so hope they release any of those programs.

update Apple's iOS 4.1 ships Sept. 8 :: Hack In The Box :: Keeping Knowledge Free
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-09-02 at 03:42 AM.

I have three of them that cannot be used and the sellers refused to help and since they are sealed, eBay decided the case in the seller's favor. It is really not fair. I paid about US$2400 and the phone4 cannot be used!!!

Can anyone advise what should I do? I went to AT&T and Apple and all of their personnel just asked me to contact the original owner to get their last 4 digits of #SSN and zip code. I tried, but all of them donít want to release the information.

you have two options left 1. wait for the next jailbreak tool.
    2. sell those phones on ebay.
    at&t and apple will never resolve this issue. don,t waste your time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ravz View Post
    you have two options left 1. wait for the next jailbreak tool.
    2. sell those phones on ebay.
    at&t and apple will never resolve this issue. don,t waste your time with them.
    Someone @ Apple also advised me like that but I don't want to pass the problem to others. I just want the sellers to have some responsibility or help from AT&T or Apple. However, it seems that what I can do is just praying that the new jailbreak will be able to get through this problem.

Hi all..

I have scrolled all messages but I couldnt find any solution for my problem..

I have recently buy 2 sealed ip4s without contract from europe.. I have activated 1 of them without any problem.. However I cannot activate the other one! It says the card is not supported.. however i use the same card on the activated phone and no problem!
    Then i tried the other card which I use to activate 1st phone and i get the same error message..

I dont know how to activate my ip4. OS is 4.0.2

can anyone help me on this?

Quote Originally Posted by 90ld View Post
    Hi all..

I have scrolled all messages but I couldnt find any solution for my problem..

I have recently buy 2 sealed ip4s without contract from europe.. I have activated 1 of them without any problem.. However I cannot activate the other one! It says the card is not supported.. however i use the same card on the activated phone and no problem!
    Then i tried the other card which I use to activate 1st phone and i get the same error message..

I dont know how to activate my ip4. OS is 4.0.2

can anyone help me on this?
    what sim card are you activating iphone with?

card from turkish operator Turkcell..

I dont think its from card cause my card is the same and it works on my io4 without a problem.. also the other card is working fine on my io4.. However both cards dont work on my brothers io4!

might be a ios problem?

Quote Originally Posted by 90ld View Post
    card from turkish operator Turkcell..

I dont think its from card cause my card is the same and it works on my io4 without a problem.. also the other card is working fine on my io4.. However both cards dont work on my brothers io4!

might be a ios problem?
    try restoring that phone to different ios or try a different sim card looks like the phone might be on contract.
    dev team is planning to release web based jailbreak again if they really do our iphone,s might never get activated.
    activation will only be possible if they release bootrom based jailbreak like limera1n or blackra1n

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ravz For This Useful Post:

90ld (2010-09-06)

yeah i think the phone is simlocked.. i will take it back and see what i can i do.. thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy_lkta View Post
    guys, anyone try this ? Take your ip4 that is lock to an at&t number to apple and ask for an exchange, under your phone's 1 year warranty, they should exchange it for you, give them a reason that you are not able to use the phone as you expected. I will try this method this coming Monday when i got a day off work. I will let you guys know, if anyone try this b4 me, please give us some feed back.
    Hey man I was thinking about this, but when I go to them with my phone and they see its on the emergency screen won't they not believe me because its not even activated? What can I say to them to convince them to replace it for me? I do have a friend who could give me his AT&T Sim card after so I'd be set.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast