Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you activate iPhone 4 if you don't have AT&T

guys, anyone try this ? Take your ip4 that is lock to an at&t number to apple and ask for an exchange, under your phone's 1 year warranty, they should exchange it for you, give them a reason that you are not able to use the phone as you expected. I will try this method this coming Monday when i got a day off work. I will let you guys know, if anyone try this b4 me, please give us some feed back.

Thats fine, IF you have a AT&T. Those that dont have a account, are stuck. I have called AT&T and they stated that "EVEN if you have purchased the iPhone out right, You still are bound to a 2 year contract." This is why Im working on this program, to get past that.

Quote Originally Posted by babaeih View Post
    Off topic but that is a funny link! I can use "Let Me Google That For You!"
    What retard needed that? Jesus, give him a box of crayons and a coloring book and hope to god he stays in the lines.
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-20 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    Thats fine, IF you have a AT&T. Those that dont have a account, are stuck. I have called AT&T and they stated that "EVEN if you have purchased the iPhone out right, You still are bound to a 2 year contract." This is why Im working on this program, to get past that.
    You`re are the best dude!!! We`ll apreciate that ...
    Last edited by pipexxxx; 2010-08-20 at 05:22 PM.

I keep running into the IP ban, I think I need to write a log file of numbers tried, and when IP gets banned. Then continue on the count. You need to reboot your DSL/CABLE modem when it times out.

This is BAD for someone with a static IP. Im not sure how Ill get past that. Well a bump till I get to that problem.

Another donater here if you need! You manage to pass through that screen and i'll put you on number 1 on my list and love ya long time

Again, Im not looking for any money at all. If you donate. Give it to the real Devs of this site. The Devs that provided the jailbreak and unlock. Im rich anyways, I have millions, and live on food stamps. LOL! Give to the Devs!

Lol!!!! That's a good one!!!

Was going to ask for Beta Testers, But I have 8 people trying it out now. 3 from here and 5 from my home town. You know who you are, Please send me back a message and let me know how it does for you.

varmit you are the best!!!

Well here is the poop. Of the 8, 3 got theirs "iGuess'ed and 3 people that sold the phones to them have just signed a agreement for 2 more years and don't know it. Bad news is that the other 5 got banned somehow, (will look into it deeper) from ATT/APPLE before the scan can be done. I don't know if this is a wasted effort or not. Will be posting photos soon to show what iGuess looks like.

Oh, and thier phone numbers got transferred to the iGuess users phone. So Im thinking after this, it can be jailbroken and then unlocked etc. iGuess, tonight, 3 people are really ticked off that their phones wont work and stuck with a 2 year agreement (VaRMiT making upside down happy face) Oh well, Stay tuned......
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-24 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how could they get banned???

If the IP4 was purchased thru PAYPAL, another solution that has work for others from Dev-Team Blogs is to dispute the charge and returned the IP4 to the seller with success: (courtesy of A New Age comments)

"For folks facing problems with eBay sellers, who refuse to give their 4 digits of the ssn (it's perfectly safe as it's isn't the full ssn) and zip and leave you in the lurch... here's my experience.

I bought an iPhone 4 for my girl for approx $1200. The phone came locked and wouldn't activate with any sim. Asked for ssn zip. The seller flat out refused and told me once the deal was done, he wasn't responsible. I didn't argue with him, simply opened a dispute while he was on the phone with me. Told him to check his Paypal and hung up. 30 mins later, I got a frantic call from him giving me his ssn zip. I told him it wasn't enough any more and I wanted a full refund (I was basically pissed). Again, he was adamant so I told him, let Paypal decide. Here's the thing, when you open a dispute and mention the word legal... for iphone unlocking, Paypal will side with you, since the guy isn't supposed the be selling the phone by illegally breaking his contract (a lot of people doing it doesn't make it legal). 5 days later, email from Paypal.

''We have concluded our investigation into your Buyer Claim. You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of $1200.00 USD.''

Frantic calls from him again (I now had the money and the phone along with the ssn + zip). He said he was sorry and literally begged me to return the phone. To sum it up.. he sent me money via Western Union for postage and I sent it back to him. Left him a Negative feedback for simple acting smart and wasting my time instead of working together to resolve a simple issue.

Moral of the story: You have rights. Don't hesitate to exert it if you are not satisfied with a deal. If a seller is not cooperating/acting moronic, use the various safeguards in place."

I agree with you, Here is my example and why iGuess is being written. I bought mine, left it in the box until the unlock, NOT the jailbreak. I broke the seal on it the day the unlock came out. Plugged it in, SS and ZIP?!?! I called her and told her the situation. She was like I cant give you that information etc... I too opened up a dispute. eBay ruled in her favor. I got irate. I'm a powerseller on eBay and said, Listen here etc etc etc. They turned around and ruled against her. She called me freaking out where was she going to get the money etc. I said, All I wanted was 4 numbers, what was I going to do? Huh? iGuess the rest of your social? Geez give me a break. So we went back and forth for a few days. I got pissed and turned my cell off for a few days, that went over like a fart in church. 18 voice mails waited for me. Anyways, I have a good heart, and let her keep her money. I decided on something better for a fate. iGuess idea was born. So here I am.

Moral of the story: Every story has a circumstance and cant be solved, But battled to the end.....

Quote Originally Posted by pipexxxx View Post
    how could they get banned???

Try guessing your password on modmyi and see what it gets you.

For those that are asking to help Beta test, I have the Beta testers I need, Im in the stage to find out if this is really going to work or not. If it doesnt work, I will post up what I have on sourceforge or google code and let someone else take iGuess further. I will not leave it high and dry. I have worked too hard late at night and into the early mornings. Give me alittle time, Im trying my best to do this the safest and the best way. Not to make matters worse getting your phones iGuessed to iEFFED Up. LOLOL! So, be patient....

P.S

I even had one guy from overseas offer me $500.00, I swear to god man, If you are reading this, how you got my email, doesnt matter, give that money to the devs for christs sake. Im just a pissed off burned out programmer that wants his iPhone to work. I just sold one of the iPhones, Keeping the last one to hack at.
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-25 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"What if I am in Canada and I do not have any AT&T activated sim cards.... ?
    Is there any way to activate iPhone4 with no preactivated AT&T card ? I have prepaid AT&T card - will it help ?
    Thank you,
    Vlad"

i have pretty much same question. when i can, i will be buying the new iphone. probly gonna come with 4.0.2 or the way things are goin 4.1.
    just want to know if and when i get it and activate it if i can do the whole , hold shift and restore from a custom ipsw like 4.0 or 4.0.1.
    doesnt it come without software? wont i be able to choose which ipsw to load? or will it require me to ONLY update through apple? i need to know because i really want to save my shsh's on the server.
    and just to clarify, the microsim COMES with the iphone?! like sealed in the box?? does anyone know how to properly transfer my contacts to this sim? cause rogers told me theyd charge for activation( which is bulls**T!)
    BTW i live in toronto,canada.
    p.s. anyone close and interested in a micro sim adapter? i already ordered 5.
    Last edited by iwannamod; 2010-08-25 at 07:11 AM.
    Crack kills... have an Apple

Quote Originally Posted by iwannamod View Post
    "What if I am in Canada and I do not have any AT&T activated sim cards.... ?
    Is there any way to activate iPhone4 with no preactivated AT&T card ? I have prepaid AT&T card - will it help ?
    Thank you,
    Vlad"

i have pretty much same question. when i can, i will be buying the new iphone. probly gonna come with 4.0.2 or the way things are goin 4.1.
    just want to know if and when i get it and activate it if i can do the whole , hold shift and restore from a custom ipsw like 4.0 or 4.0.1.
    doesnt it come without software? wont i be able to choose which ipsw to load? or will it require me to ONLY update through apple? i need to know because i really want to save my shsh's on the server.
    and just to clarify, the microsim COMES with the iphone?! like sealed in the box?? does anyone know how to properly transfer my contacts to this sim? cause rogers told me theyd charge for activation( which is bulls**T!)
    BTW i live in toronto,canada.
    p.s. anyone close and interested in a micro sim adapter? i already ordered 5.

iGuess is geared for people who have the SS(social security) and ZIP CODE problem. iGuess will guess the 4 digits, you have to know the Zip Code the person you bought the iPhone from. So basically, you got it from ebay, they shipped it to you. Their return email will show where it came from.

Well in my case i were lost but the guy that sold me the phone gaves me the SSN and ZIP code. But now im stucked because he didnt send me the micro sim and i pass the first screen of the SSN and ZIP but now ask for an unactive sim. I put a sim card of AT&T and didnt work. I dont know if i have to put the correct sim that brings the phone or i can buy another from ebay. The itunes said put an unactive sim. I dont know if a have to register to AT&T to finally activate the iphone 4.
    Im outside of USA. :-(
    Last edited by chemicalboy; 2010-08-27 at 01:19 PM.

iGuess is geared for people who have the SS(social security) and ZIP CODE problem. iGuess will guess the 4 digits, you have to know the Zip Code the person you bought the iPhone from. So basically, you got it from ebay, they shipped it to you. Their return email will show where it came from.
    please tell me you are close to find the way to hacktivate the AT&T locke iphone 4g.... I`m going crazy!!!

Im working on it as fast as I can. LOL! I do have a life outside my cellphone. Patience Obi-wan!

Im working on it as fast as I can. LOL! I do have a life outside my cellphone. Patience Obi-wan!
    Thank you for taking this into your own hands. If this does work you will make a lot of people happy and make Steve Jobs upset. Ha

Good luck!

sorry ... but like one of the guys said... make steve jobs cry like a baby ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast