Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you activate iPhone 4 if you don't have AT&T

Whenever you have the application share it with us to give a lesson to those m***** f*** s I think is not fair what they are doing! We are paying on average $700 for each iphone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juoli071678 View Post
    Whenever you have the application share it with us to give a lesson to those m***** f*** s I think is not fair what they are doing! We are paying on average $700 for each iphone!!!
    LOL! Yea I know. You should have heard me on the phone with PayPal ******** like a wino that had his bottle busted by a careless fool.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

I think I just about got this worked out, I have noticed that some of the topic label in the program changes from time to time, but I think i have it worked out. If i can get it doing it perfect, Im going to PEE OFF alot of people.

Btw, Im thinking of calling it iGuess

Kind of fitting dont you think ?
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-16 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Varmit For This Useful Post:

Fineness (2010-08-16)

iGuess is the perfect name! Lol!! Let me know how it works out, i am pretty sure you can get a lot of donations with that program! There is a lot of people in our same situation

you will be my hero.... I`m suffering waiting for the sim card the seller sent me, that bastard is using that phone line number ... I hate apple too... I wasted a lot of money, my birthday savings on that phone, all that my country`s customs charged me... almost 30% the price ... I feel like a fool ... and my iphone 4g is not yet activated ...

Varmit, another potential donator here if you get that app working!

Default this is how i got my iphone 4 activated on t-moile
    First of all my iphone brought a blank att card i bought it at the apple store with out the contract

1.when u first turn it on connect it to itunes.
    2.when the "waiting for activation" pops up disconnected
    3.go to JailbreakMe and jaibreak it(from the iphone)
    4.when it finishes open cydia let do its thing when its done go to sources and open the ultrasn0w repo and download ultran0w
    5.when its done let it reboot
    6.when it turns on put your t-mobile sim card in or what ever you're using
    7.Then a wait a little bit and "iPhone is activated" will pop up

I have done this method twice one for me and the other one for my sister

so i know it works
    plz comment if you have any questions

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gepp84 For This Useful Post:

ACSS (2010-08-21)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gepp84 View Post
    First of all my iphone brought a blank att card i bought it at the apple store with out the contract

2.when the "waiting for activation" pops up disconnected
    4.when it finishes open cydia let do its thing when its done go to sources and open the ultrasn0w repo and download ultran0w
    5.when its done let it reboot
    6.when it turns on put your t-mobile sim card in or what ever you're using
    7.Then a wait a little bit and "iPhone is activated" will pop up

I have done this method twice one for me and the other one for my sister

so i know it works
    plz comment if you have any questions
    Can anyone else confirm this? I'm still waiting on my iPhone 4 from the states and cant test yet.

ACSS, wait until you get it, then plug it to iTunes, you may not have any issues at all... the issue being discussed in this thread is IMEI-locked iPhones...

The instructions posted by gepp84 are useless for IMEI-Locked iPhone4s ...

I'm not sure if anyone's tried this yet, but I found you can put your unactivated iPhone 4 into DFU mode and it shows up in iTunes and you can restore firmware to it.

My idea is that if we can get custom firmware that already has the hacktivation patch built into it, we might have a chance. The hacktivation patch is available to download here: http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/Lockdown.zip with a few directions here: Get passed Emergency call screen on 4.X | jailbreakmatrix.com

Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea? I don't have a Mac, so even if I unzip the .ipsw, I can't mount and edit the .dmg files.

Im polishing a few bumps and bruises here, I think I might actually have it. Im running into a IP ban from AT&T because I hit their server too freaking many times. LOL! Im running out of places to RDP into to get a good successful SS guess attack. I need to set me a linux box up and do some IP Spoofing. ARRGGG! wait, thats a pirates saying. Anyways, WOrking on it. So no one thinks I have dropped the ball or iGuess.

Oh....and I dont want any money or donations so to speak. Just your undying love. iPhone Devs need the support more than me, Im just a pi$$ed person with two iPhone 4's that look so pretty on my desk.
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-18 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol!!!! yeah! my iphone 4 looks great as a paperweight on my desk too!!!

I paid 1600.00 for two of them, I swear to god, I came about 10 seconds from drilling a hole in one of them and putting a gold chain on it and posting the results on here. Then I thought, You know what. Its my own fault for being so stupid. So, Im going to get one iGuessed and the other, Im drilling a hole in it and put a chain on it, and its going to be my Avatar.
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-18 at 04:27 AM. Reason: lol add a few words

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Varmit For This Useful Post:

Fineness (2010-08-18)

it looks so nice in my desk... I imaginate how would it look when I could finally use it, enter the web, making phone calls, taking photos ... I can imaginate it as the perfect world, but we are in hell with an almost thousand dollar no activated cellphone that can only be used as a stone ... feeling so stupid too...

I got a phone call from my ISP and a letter from AT&T, will have to scan it and let everyone take a peek at it.

No, Im not stopping working on my program. Ill pass it on to someone before I give up.
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-19 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I live in Honduras in Central America and have a fully functional iPhone4 which i bought locked from apple. My phone also came with a blanck AT&T sim card but you can use a Phonebook SIM (you will have to cut it) or a prepaid AT&T SIM.
    Here are my steps:

2.when acivation with blank sim or phonebook sim is done, disconnect
    4.when it finishes open cydia let do its thing when its done go to sources and open the ultrasn0w repo and download ultran0w and let it reboot
    5.On cydia open the source Cydia.pushfix.info and download the Hacktivation patch (this bypasses the security check of the sim from itunes)
    6.insert your sim card
    7.wait for signal

Here are some links for additional info and a link for a template to easily cut your sim.

Activate You iPhone Without Official SIM Card

How To: Fix ?Different SIM Detected? [Hacktivation Patch v1.1]

How to make your own MicroSIM card : Buy MicroSIM Adapter, with free international shipping!

I herd that if I use a phonebook sim card I can activate Iphone with Itunes, even if its locked with AT&T, could you tell me if thats true because I wanna buy it and the sim card cutter on ebay ... I dont wanna wait the seller to send me the AT&T micro sim card ... Im really tired and thinking of giving the iphone 4g back and buy a 3gs iphone... please answer...

Heeeeeeeelp!!!!
    Last edited by pipexxxx; 2010-08-19 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pipexxxx I have already tried it, *IF* you have a iP4 and its asking for a SS# and ZIP CODE, A Phonebook card will not fix it. Now, if it just asks for activation, then yes the phonecard will work, as a matter of fact any AT&T sim card will. Hope that answears your question.
    Last edited by Varmit; 2010-08-19 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Correct spelling again

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Varmit For This Useful Post:

pipexxxx (2010-08-19)

thanks a lot!!! I`m gonna try it, I will buy the phone card and the sim cutter on ebay and put a relative adress in Miami so they could bring it to me next week... hope that works ... I wont loose hope on Iphone 4g...

well ... a few minutes ago I just bought a phonebook card, the sim card cutter and an AT&T micro sim card on ebay ... I will find a solution... the seller didnt send me the original sim card ... I dont wanna wait anymore ... I just hate him ... I feel really dissapointed and stupid ... so sad to have an unactivated iphone 4g ...

Last edited by pipexxxx; 2010-08-19 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by destro23 View Post
    Off topic but that is a funny link! I can use "Let Me Google That For You!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast