Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it that easy?

Default Is it that easy?
    If i get my iphone 3gs 16b unlocked and just inserted my t mobile sim card and change the internet settings to EDGE, will it work? I seen it on youtube and it looks so easy.

Yes just disable 3g under setting general and network settings.

wow how about the whole emergency screen thing? is that only if you upgrade the firmware on itunes? I just want to turn on the iphone and insert the sim and use it for tmobile.

If you have your phone unlocked, then they'll most likely do everything for you, and all you'd need to do is throw in your sim card.

The slide for emergency screen is for non-activated phones. It's very simple to get around, just search hactivation

appreciate all the help, I'm wondering about the itunes, If i insert my iphone into itunes, if it can't sych with the sim card, will the airplane mode trick work? which version of itunes should use? itunes 9?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANK510 View Post
    appreciate all the help, I'm wondering about the itunes, If i insert my iphone into itunes, if it can't sych with the sim card, will the airplane mode trick work? which version of itunes should use? itunes 9?
    No hactivation tool if you are at 3.1.3 on a 3GS, you have to use official sim card to activate.

well i'm buying it from craiglist, the guy who selling it to me, told me that's already activated. So in order to work on itunes, what will I have to do? erase and sync? I'm sorry, this is new to me.