Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs stuck on emergency even after putting AT&T sim cards (both activated nd not

Default iPhone 3gs stuck on emergency even after putting AT&T sim cards (both activated nd not
    I am trying to use spirit on my iPhone but I can't get it past the Emergency screen. I put an already iPhone activated at&t sim card and a non activated at&t sim card. Both show me 0 bars on the top left and it doesn't go anywhere from that point. Can't restore because I either get errors 1600 and 1604 or apple doesn't sign 3.1.3 anymore. Please help me its driving me crazy

Same problem here ! Please help

wow that was so much help

Hey, I can only really give you all of the information I've gathered. I'm in a position where I was trying to activate a 3Gs running 3.1.3 but didn't know that none of the JB solutions did it so I ended up getting stuck on the Apple screen. Upon trying to restore 3.1.3 to get back to the emergency call screen so I could stick an AT&T sim in I discovered that Apple stopped signing 3.1.3.

So BASICALLY you're going to need to restore to 4.0 and then you SHOULD be able to activate with an AT&T sim but there's no jailbreak yet for 4.0 with the new (baseband/bootloader?). So, like me, you're going to need to wait it out if you want a JB 4.0. If you try this please let me know if you can activate 4.0 with an AT&T sim. Thanks a lot and best of luck to you.

What error does it give you in iTunes, when u try to activate ?

sim card not supported.

i dont know about artofconjuring but i dont get any errors it just takes me to the main sync screen of the phone. but is still in emergency

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    Hey, I can only really give you all of the information I've gathered. I'm in a position where I was trying to activate a 3Gs running 3.1.3 but didn't know that none of the JB solutions did it so I ended up getting stuck on the Apple screen. Upon trying to restore 3.1.3 to get back to the emergency call screen so I could stick an AT&T sim in I discovered that Apple stopped signing 3.1.3.

So BASICALLY you're going to need to restore to 4.0 and then you SHOULD be able to activate with an AT&T sim but there's no jailbreak yet for 4.0 with the new (baseband/bootloader?). So, like me, you're going to need to wait it out if you want a JB 4.0. If you try this please let me know if you can activate 4.0 with an AT&T sim. Thanks a lot and best of luck to you.
    You can restore to 3.1.3 if you have 3.1.3 shsh file saved by Cydia Server.