Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs (New Bootrom) 3.1.3 05.12.01 Spirit Jailbreak Unlockable?

Default 3Gs (New Bootrom) 3.1.3 05.12.01 Spirit Jailbreak Unlockable?
    Hey guys,
    I'm quite cautious about unlocking my iPhone 3Gs with the tool that was just released not too long ago (yesterday?). I've read in many threads and forums that some people are having success, and some are having problems (such as getting "No Service" problems, the phone not syncing to iTunes, etc.). I was wondering whether or now my phone would also generate problems:
    3Gs (new bootrom), 3.1.3, 05.12.01, Jailbroken with Spirit (first jailbreak ever).

Thanks for the clarification!!

having problems with Cydia still displaying ultrasn0w 0.92...taking forever to refresh...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    having problems with Cydia still displaying ultrasn0w 0.92...taking forever to refresh...

are you normal, on 3-4 threads you posted same message !!! Mods please take atention for this member!

I have same exact setup.. i used spirit and it took 3 minutes... and it installed cydia on the phone.. BUT cydia didn't work at first for me... so i restored my phone and tried sprit a 2nd time.. and it worked fine!!!

i say back your phone up and give it a shot.. But DO NOT!! upgrade to iOS4

I would like to update you guys.. I did use ultrasn0w to unlock my phone, while I did it I kept my SIM card out, and rebooted the phone twice. It WORKS!!!!!!! Thanks Dev Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody which can confirm this?
    - life it too short for bad beers!

Quote Originally Posted by iloveisrael View Post
    I would like to update you guys.. I did use ultrasn0w to unlock my phone, while I did it I kept my SIM card out, and rebooted the phone twice. It WORKS!!!!!!! Thanks Dev Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wait.... Untrasn0w 0.92 unlocks 3.1.3 3GS with new bootrom?
    Since when??!

sailorboyheng

Thats what i want to know, because i'm in the same situation

3.1.3+spirit+ultrasn0w=unlocked iPhone

You sure about that?

Maybe ur confused about having a new boot rom? That's why u stay on 3.1.3 and use spirit, and wait until 4.0 has a new jailbreak for the new boot Rom.
    Ultrasn0w now unlocks ALL 3.0-4.0 modem firmwares, so choose a jailbreak of your choice, and install ultrasn0w
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-23 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how did u hactivate ur phone with 3.1.3? spirit doesnt work with a phone which isnt activated.

מה אתה עשית כדי שזה יעבוד? זה לא עובד לי לא חשוב מה אני עושה

It worked for me! My specs:

iPhone 3GS v3.1.3 (****** by Spirit) (Unlocked with UltraSn0w via. Cydia)

Well guys I was able to activate it because I have an ATT sim card and contract, I'm overseas right now and I was able to unlock it with 3.1.3+spirit+ultrasn0w. I have the new bootrom.

Well guys I was able to activate it because I have an ATT sim card and contract, I'm overseas right now and I was able to unlock it with 3.1.3+spirit+ultrasn0w. I have the new bootrom.
    The same way with me, thanks!

Are these previously jailbroken phones? I'm thinking of buying my friends 3GS to unlock and use on T-Mobile USA but it's never been jailbroken, running 3.1.2 with baseband 05.12.01. I believe it has the new iboot since the model is MC135LL. I should pass right? Or is it now possible to jailbreak and then unlock it?