Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Seriously? I'm Screwed?

Default Seriously? I'm Screwed?
    Ok, so...with all of this 3Gs unlock excitement I figured now was the time to snag a 3Gs off Craigslist. I guess I thought that, as long as it was running 3.1.3, I'd be fine.

Well, I have the phone and it's stuck on the emergency call screen which makes sense because the dude with AT&T took his sim out...which doesn't matter because I'm going to unlock it for my T-Mobile sim card.

I find out that you can only unlock if you're jailbroken and you can only be jailbroken if you're activated...and you can only be activated if you have an AT&T SIM. This is my understanding at least.

Anyone have any advice as to how I can use this fresh 32GB phone that's staring at me in the face?

Otherwise...what am I waiting on? A new Pwnage tool? Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to captainmccool For This Useful Post:

iYeow (2010-06-22)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    fnd a friend that has an AT&T sim stick it in, activate, pull it out and use spirit to JB and Ultrasnow to unlock.

No friends? (or at least no friends with AT&T) you can find AT&T pay as you go sims on ebay for about $5.

Don't even have to activate the sim, just pop it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrassle View Post
    fnd a friend that has an AT&T sim stick it in, activate, pull it out and use spirit to JB and Ultrasnow to unlock.

No friends? (or at least no friends with AT&T) you can find AT&T pay as you go sims on ebay for about $5.

Don't even have to activate the sim, just pop it in.
    If I use my friends ATT SIM to activate my phone will they get charged or something? Also, will I be able to simply pull their SIM out and jailbreak and unlock my phone without facing difficulties for having removed the SIM?

You can use your friend's sim card to activate, he won't get charged. Once it's activated, you can remove the sim card and use wifi. From what i know the oke case in which you will need an official sim card again is if you reinstall the firmware (3.1.3). Hope that'll help.

Hmm thats weird when i got my 3GS from ebay..i jailbroke it fine even though i was at the emergency call screen. Have you tried to jailbreak it?

Quote Originally Posted by akkmednoseflem View Post
    Hmm thats weird when i got my 3GS from ebay..i jailbroke it fine even though i was at the emergency call screen. Have you tried to jailbreak it?
    Yea, I have tried every way possible I think. What program did you use? If you used pwnage tool and it worked it's possible that phone had been pwned before which, apparently, is what makes it work a second time around.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah wanted some insight on this as well i got 3 iphones 3gs 3.1.3 5.12 bootrom. and selling them to my cousins friends in egpyt for double. so there is no way for me to find an atnt sim card here. they are stuck on emergency call screen so i have to wait for the dev tem to realse unlock tools than?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trigun989 View Post
    yeah wanted some insight on this as well i got 3 iphones 3gs 3.1.3 5.12 bootrom. and selling them to my cousins friends in egpyt for double. so there is no way for me to find an atnt sim card here. they are stuck on emergency call screen so i have to wait for the dev tem to realse unlock tools than?
    You will need a hacktivate release... just be patient.