Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Hacktivation! Please! Anyone!

Default Help with Hacktivation! Please! Anyone!
    I have a 32 gig iPhone 3GS on 3.1.3 firmware that I restored without having a SIM card in it, so now it's on the emergency call/insert sim screen. And at&t SIMs won't work in it, which leads me to think that the phone is from another country. But to cut to the chase, I need to know if I can get this iPhone jaibroken while it is on this screen. Because Spirit will not let you jailbreak if you are not activated. Can anyone help me? I'm desperate.

Thanks in advance.

Come on, 68 views and no replies?
    Last edited by Saxapwn; 2010-06-22 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I mean, I'll reply but the only thing I have to say is that I'm in the same situation. I figured you could jailbreak a phone like you could any other phone. Restoring a custom firmware and what have you. I guess that's not the case, best of luck to you. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

you need to download sn0wbreeze (windows) or pwnagetool (mac)

From what I understand Pwnage tool only works for 3.1.3 if you've either kept your old baseband (bootrom?) I always get confused. I've created a custom firmware and when I try to restore I get the error 1600. Thanks for the reply though.

I'm in the same boat as all of you. I have tried virtually every program there is, nothing will work. I believe the only thing that will work is activating with an official carrier SIM card (AT&T, O2, etc.).

The only reason I haven't activated my phone with a friends AT&T SIM card is because I'm not sure if they will be charged, or if after activation I can just take out that SIM and then jailbreak/unlock so I can use it again. I posted a thread about it earlier today, but no replies.
    Last edited by khscougaruh; 2010-06-22 at 06:29 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    From what I understand Pwnage tool only works for 3.1.3 if you've either kept your old baseband (bootrom?) I always get confused. I've created a custom firmware and when I try to restore I get the error 1600. Thanks for the reply though.
    If you don't have an official sim card to activate, you have to downgrade to 3.1.2 only if you have 3.1.2 shsh on file. Then you can jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with Ultrasn0w.
    If you don't have 3.1.2 shsh on file and you don't have the official sim card, just hold on to your Iphone with the Emergency Screen, help is on the way, a new exploit will hactivate either 3.1.3 or 4.0 will be coming in a couple of days.

Pwnage tools is only for 3G and 3GS user (old bootrom )
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-22 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If you don't have an official sim card to activate, you have to downgrade to 3.1.2 only if you have 3.1.2 shsh on file. Then you can jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with Ultrasn0w.
    If you don't have 3.1.2 shsh on file and you don't have the official sim card, just hold on to your Iphone with the Emergency Screen, help is on the way, a new exploit will hactivate either 3.1.3 or 4.0 will be coming in a couple of days.
    I think this is what I needed to hear. I was pretty sure I just needed to wait a couple of days, I guess I just got wrapped up in the unlock excitement. Oh well, I can get ahold of an AT&T sim eventually if it really comes to it. I got such a good deal on the phone I don't have a problem with any of this, everyone is working really hard to please.

Im in the same boat. All the videos and tutorials are made for windows. What about the Mac users. I havnt found one step by step tutorial on how to do this. No Sim card is all i see.

I just wanted to make sure, but you did put in the SIM and try to run it through iTunes, right? Some people seem to forget that you have to do that to activate the phone. I'm not saying you forgot, but this is a lot of iPhone news in one day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to douflag For This Useful Post:

Quemado (2010-06-22)

Yeah I did. thanks for the reply

my iphone is new bootroom how can i activate this?hu hu hu

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

My buddy gave me his old iPhone 8GB original model so I could use it as an iPod. It was running on 2.2.1 before I updated in iTunes. Now it's on 3.1.3 but without a Sim card I am in the same boat. I tried using the SIM from my old 3GS but iTunes and ATT were all screwy and wouldn't let it activate.

Good luck to you as well! I am gonna monitor this thread

Guys,

From what I read, Musclenerd (Works with Dev Team) is making a new beta version of Redsn0w that will hacktivate the iphone, I am following them on twitter, and it would seem that it works with the iphone 3gs, however, they are now making sure that it works with everything else firs before he releases it.

Bottom line is, hang on just a couple of days, I am in the same boat and cannot activate my 3gs at all without a 1600 error coming up. IT IS ON THE WAY!!

Redsn0w came out for both Mac and Windows, I would assume that the same will happen again. But then that is just an assumption, we will see what happens!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by General Klinger View Post
    My buddy gave me his old iPhone 8GB original model so I could use it as an iPod. It was running on 2.2.1 before I updated in iTunes. Now it's on 3.1.3 but without a Sim card I am in the same boat. I tried using the SIM from my old 3GS but iTunes and ATT were all screwy and wouldn't let it activate.

Good luck to you as well! I am gonna monitor this thread
    For the original iphone just downgrade to 3.1.2 (if you plan to unlock and use MMS ) then jailbreak it with blackra1n.

It will hacktivate your phone for you =0

I was waiting for the 3.1.3 jailbreak for my 3gs thats been in the box for months cause of apple, then i saw all these posts of people JBin and unlocking their 4.0 3gs phones so i updated to 4.0 to join the club but none of them work =/

Well looks like I'm completely SOL until a 4.0 jailbreak comes out. In my attempts to activate my 3.1.3 3Gs I got stuck on the apple logo screen so I tried to restore to 3.1.3 thinking, at worst, I can get my hands on an AT&T sim card but AT&T stopped signing 3.1.3...probably today. My only option now is to restore to 4.0 and since there's no official jailbreak for it I guess I'm screwed.

Unless...does anyone think it's possible to restore to a beta 4.0? I know there were jailbreaks for those...eh, too much work.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    Well looks like I'm completely SOL until a 4.0 jailbreak comes out. In my attempts to activate my 3.1.3 3Gs I got stuck on the apple logo screen so I tried to restore to 3.1.3 thinking, at worst, I can get my hands on an AT&T sim card but AT&T stopped signing 3.1.3...probably today. My only option now is to restore to 4.0 and since there's no official jailbreak for it I guess I'm screwed.

Unless...does anyone think it's possible to restore to a beta 4.0? I know there were jailbreaks for those...eh, too much work.
    Did Apple stop signing 3.1.3 already ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

MuscleNerd did say hurry on getting your 3.1.3 shsh signed. Last time Apple had it shut off at a less than a week I think.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ceo View Post
    For the original iphone just downgrade to 3.1.2 (if you plan to unlock and use MMS ) then jailbreak it with blackra1n.

It will hacktivate your phone for you =0

I was waiting for the 3.1.3 jailbreak for my 3gs thats been in the box for months cause of apple, then i saw all these posts of people JBin and unlocking their 4.0 3gs phones so i updated to 4.0 to join the club but none of them work =/
    I don't think I can do that. He had 2.2.1 on his before, so I am not sure if Cydia ever stored his SHSH's. How can I downgrade without that?

Sorry to bump this but Im having this problem too. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by General Klinger View Post
    I don't think I can do that. He had 2.2.1 on his before, so I am not sure if Cydia ever stored his SHSH's. How can I downgrade without that?
    Well I got my POS 2G working now. I had to reformat again in iTunes to 3.1.3, then used RedSnow 0.92 to jailbreak it and unlock it.

Now everything works good. Running on ATT as well, even unlocked. I didn't want to mess with changing my iPhone plan and risk losing my unlimited data while I wait for the White version of iPhone 4 to be released.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast