Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should be an easy answer... Just cant find it.

Default Should be an easy answer... Just cant find it.
    First of all, sorry about the medium-long post about a simple question but I like to make my questions clear.

I have tried BlackSn0w RC1/RC2 in the past but it always drops my cell service and is buggy (I am going to China tomorrow and need my Rogers locked phone unlocked for use with a China Mobile pre-paid SIM), I read online today that the NEW UltraSn0w will work on my baseband so:

The NEW UltraSn0w seems to work perfectly on my 3GS 3.1.2 05.11.07 as far as I can tell... though I need some clarification.

I installed UltraSn0w and my phone booted up right away with full service. EVERYTHING works fine with the same Rogers SIM as though nothing has changed. ( a lot better than Blacksn0w)

I then inserted a active Bell SIM from a friends iPhone and it instantly got full 3G service and it displayed Bell on the status bar followed by "New SIM inserted - Please Connect to iTunes". I was not able to close this message until I put my Rogers SIM back in, Then all went back to normal.

I did not do what it said and connect it to iTunes in fear that iTunes may set my phone up as a new Bell phone - will that happen? Or will my phone just simply activate through iTunes and keep all data intact/untouched and leave me on the bell network?

Also, When I land in China and put the China Mobile SIM in the phone is there anyway for me to make the "Connect to iTunes" message go away WITHOUT my MacBook or will I NEED to use it to use the Chinese SIM?

Lastly, Cydia keeps saying there is an update to UltraSn0w even though I updated it over 3 times. It just keeps giving me a update of the same package. Anyone have this minor problem with the NEW Ultrasn0w?
    Last edited by mcozea; 2010-06-22 at 04:02 AM.