Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Unlock - No Service

Default iPhone 3G Unlock - No Service
    1st of all - BIG Thanks to DevTeam for getting the unlock out. I used the ultrasn0w today to get my iPhone 3g unlocked and everything worked great but:
    I get t-mobile service on one of the sim card (my 2nd-ary one) but when I swapped it for my main sim card I get "no service". If I swap the sim card for the other one I get T-mobile service. I put the primary sim card that I cannot work into a 1st gen. iPhone it picked up the t-mobile service right away. I put it into a junky samsung phone and I got service right away... I put it again into the 3G and "No service"... Any idea why my newly unlocked iPhone 3g would be getting service with one sim card but not another one?

Thanks for all the help!!!

I had the same problem but i took out the sim card, and turned off the phone. then while the phone is off i put the sim card in and turned it on and it worked for me. Hope it works for u.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to akkmednoseflem For This Useful Post:

rastlin (2010-06-22)

Thats the 1st thing I did but no luck... I also cannot get the contacts to be imported from the SIM. Its working just fine in the iPhone 2g and Samsung phone... its a pretty old SIM got it many moons ago... :-/ probably in 2003? If anything I will call t-mobile see if they can assign my phone number to another SIM I guess...

Thats the 1st thing I did but no luck... I also cannot get the contacts to be imported from the SIM. Its working just fine in the iPhone 2g and Samsung phone... its a pretty old SIM got it many moons ago... :-/ probably in 2003? If anything I will call t-mobile see if they can assign my phone number to another SIM I guess...
    Last edited by rastlin; 2010-06-22 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh well thats to bad..sry i was not able to help. Hope u get it sorted out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to akkmednoseflem For This Useful Post:

rastlin (2010-06-22)

your sim IS too old. you need a HSDPA SIM for 3G service from your carrier. They might not even charge you for it..

edit: compare both SIMS side by side. I bet you the new one will have a longer number printed on it than the one that does not work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mcozea For This Useful Post:

rastlin (2010-06-22)

Yep, I found that info on some website. I tried a SIM card that was brand new and it did pick up the t-mobile signal right away as well. I called T mobile and they assigned my number to the new SIM and everything works great. Thanks for all the help!