Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Reminder] - DO NOT UPDATE

Default [Reminder] - DO NOT UPDATE
    I have only been on this board for a week.. and did a lot of searching and reading before posting... and constantly see i updated by mistake.. my friend updated it by mistake.. my cat walked on my keyboard and it updated.. there was an over the air update that was sent to me....

soooo

Please DO NOT UPDATE your phone by mistake!!!

MODS: can you add in quotes 'By Mistake' to the end of my subject?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Did you punish your cat ?....LoL

Thanks

Over the air updates don't exist for iPhones....,if your cat initiated an update by hitting ur keyboard, you could have stopped that easily...these are responses I will give......but I'm sure everyone that's been a member here kno's this...only people who updated and then joined the website are the ones we have to watch for..

lol i did go a little overboard on the "excuses" I have a Sprint Palm Pre that gets OTA updates.. so i thought i would throw that in there to

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey gang, I'm one of those guys that needed the warning, my first iPhone, bought the 3gs locked to Rogers, hooked it up to my PC and then you know the rest, 3.1.3 and 05.12.01!!!

I won't touch a thing until I hear from all of you ... and I mean ALL of you!!

Thanks.

Unlock watch .............

yeah. people are upgrading over on HoFo and I'm like, uh, shouldn't you wait? Unless of course they don't care about unlocking.

Quote Originally Posted by morganplus8 View Post
    Hey gang, I'm one of those guys that needed the warning, my first iPhone, bought the 3gs locked to Rogers, hooked it up to my PC and then you know the rest, 3.1.3 and 05.12.01!!!

I won't touch a thing until I hear from all of you ... and I mean ALL of you!!

Thanks.

Unlock watch .............
    unlock's been released. i just did it.
    spirit jailbreak it. use cydia. install ultrasn0w. done.

did you upgrade to OS4? then jailbreak and unlock? or is this for 3.1.3 with 5.12 only?

I kept mine at 3.1.3. ultrasn0w has been updated to support the newest baseband 5.13.01, but you can't get that to work unless you jailbreak OS4. There isn't officially an OS4 jailbreak yet but i read someplace that the latest redsn0w beta works. It might only be for the 3G though. do a quick google search

yeap.. just read 8-9 pages of another thread... no jailbreak for 3GS / iOS4 yet