Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 3G 3.1.2 / 5.11.07 question

Default Unlock 3G 3.1.2 / 5.11.07 question
    Hi,

i've been searching some time now, but i'm still not 100% sure if this is correct: as far as i understood it its currently not possible to jailbreak and then unlock an iPhone 3G with firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 5.11.07 without having to connect the phone to the computer on every reboot (untethered).

i have a 3g here with currently OS 3.0 and BB 04.26.08 and would like to upgrade it to the latest untethered jailbreak+unlock firmware.

what would you suggest? is there a way for 3.1.2, or just keep 3.0 for now ?
    thanks and cheers,

Martin.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by romazzino View Post
    Hi,

i've been searching some time now, but i'm still not 100% sure if this is correct: as far as i understood it its currently not possible to jailbreak and then unlock an iPhone 3G with firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 5.11.07 without having to connect the phone to the computer on every reboot (untethered).

i have a 3g here with currently OS 3.0 and BB 04.26.08 and would like to upgrade it to the latest untethered jailbreak+unlock firmware.

what would you suggest? is there a way for 3.1.2, or just keep 3.0 for now ?
    thanks and cheers,

Martin.
    Just restore to 3.1.2 and run spirit jailbreak and install Blacksn0w to unlock. You do not need to worry about tethered or untethered jailbreak.

thanks very much - i'll do that.

worked like a charm, thanks again!! I was lucky to have an original sim lying around, but once activated everything was fine.
    Last edited by romazzino; 2010-06-18 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Even without a sim you could use blackra1n to bypass the activation.

Hi, could you tell me how to do that please? I imported a 3g to New Zealand. I have jailbroken it with redsn0w. I'vde downghraded to 3.1.2 05.11.07 but as I've never been live I can't use cydia to get ultrasn0w to unlock. Any help?

Why can't you use Cydia? You're going to need a wifi connection.

ok thanks, so if I can get a wifi connection I will be ok?

You've jailbroken already and have cydia?

If so, then you just need to run ultrsn0w through cydia. Wifi connection will be needed.

here is described how to do it