Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Help] Any Att&t sim card can bypass activation screen on iphone 3gs?

Default [Help] Any Att&t sim card can bypass activation screen on iphone 3gs?
    I hope this is the right place to ask.

Anyway, I here just join the group who waiting on new unlock solution for fresh iphone 3gs However, in the mean time, I want to use it as an ipod instead. So can I just borrow my friend's sim card and pop in the iphone and get passed activation screen? Is this possible at the moment? Do you need itunes to do this or just pop the sim card in? Will it safe for my friend to let me borrow?

(I read the other thread with prepaid sim card, but I'm not sure how it'll turn out with my friend's one.)

Thank you so much!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    as long as your phone is locked to AT&T, it can be activated with any AT&T Sim. I use an unactivated pay as you go sim for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuh View Post
    I hope this is the right place to ask.

Anyway, I here just join the group who waiting on new unlock solution for fresh iphone 3gs However, in the mean time, I want to use it as an ipod instead. So can I just borrow my friend's sim card and pop in the iphone and get passed activation screen? Is this possible at the moment? Do you need itunes to do this or just pop the sim card in? Will it safe for my friend to let me borrow?

(I read the other thread with prepaid sim card, but I'm not sure how it'll turn out with my friend's one.)

Thank you so much!
    Any ATT SIM card will work but you must plug the phone into Itunes.

Can I borrow a sim card from a friend on att to jailbreak/unlock an ipod i bought off of ebay? I only have a tmobile sim card and that won't work to restore it.