Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 3gs

Default Unlock 3gs
    Hi i am having trouble unlocking a iphone 3gs on 3.1 fm 5.11.07 i have tried blacksnow and it installed but i tried a tmobile sim card at my wifes work and it kept asking for pin.. the guys whos phone it was knew nothing about the phone (not even if it was tmobile prepaid or regular account) so im not sure if it worked or if i need a pin for that sim (im asking cause i sold the phone on ebay and want to make sure the buyer will be able to use his sim) any help would be appreciated on whether i used the right unlock or should i upgrade my f/m.. its been a while but i think i used blackra1n for the j/b thanks

make sure 3G is off under settings if using with T-mobile...that what i had to do when i sold my 3gs...

I think that may have been the problem... wish i had the tmobile sim to check it again... Thanks for the info..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jake99974 View Post
    Hi i am having trouble unlocking a iphone 3gs on 3.1 fm 5.11.07 i have tried blacksnow and it installed but i tried a tmobile sim card at my wifes work and it kept asking for pin.. the guys whos phone it was knew nothing about the phone (not even if it was tmobile prepaid or regular account) so im not sure if it worked or if i need a pin for that sim (im asking cause i sold the phone on ebay and want to make sure the buyer will be able to use his sim) any help would be appreciated on whether i used the right unlock or should i upgrade my f/m.. its been a while but i think i used blackra1n for the j/b thanks
    You have to restore to 3.1.2 for Blacksn0w to work properly.