Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock for Modem Firmware 05.11.07 is out

Thumbs up Unlock for Modem Firmware 05.11.07 is out
    An unofficial update to BlackSn0w has been released by Steve to unlock the iPhone 3GS (05.11.07) on pre-release iOS 4 GM firmware.

This is an unofficial release but Geohot HAS given me permission to redistribute blacksn0w. All known issues with WiFi loss and boot loops seem to be fixed. If it doesn’t work for some reason, you should still get the SpringBoard. This allows you to uninstall if necessary. It is a little slower to boot because of the increased safety of the release. A 3GS boots to cell connection established in about 90 seconds in iOS 4 now (50% slower than 3.1.X).

Improvements may be made in the future.

The unlock can be found on the Cydia.pushfix.info Cydia repository.

Source: iClarified - Apple News - Unofficial BlackSn0w Update Unlocks iOS 4 GM Seed

Damn what about 5.12.01???? Hurry up dev team!!!

has anyone tried this with 5.12.01 yet? I know what its for, but it can't hurt to try if you have an extra iPhone laying around

Quote Originally Posted by auh View Post
    has anyone tried this with 5.12.01 yet? I know what its for, but it can't hurt to try if you have an extra iPhone laying around
    You can't do it. It won't even let you install it from Cydia. The unlock checks for 05.11.07 baseband.