Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.3 activation/unlock

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The bootloadera have nothing to do with unlocking.

5.08 BL allows for a downgrade of the baseband which is rare to find in only 3G phones. That is old news.

Please be aware that mentioning bootloaders in no way aids in the unlocking process.

Yes that's the old announcement Anniex423 which everyone knows, we are here to find some new solution , the things are tough and hard but not impossible yet. So everyone is trying there best, some got succeeded with fluke.
    iPhone unlocking and activating help -Sig. Spam is not allowed!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Im not sure you understand my English very well.

your responses are always so irrelevant to my points. I just think you should differenciate between bootloaders and basebands and the roles they play better, as you seem a bit misinformed.

No bro. Infect you are right too, may be some things I should learn from you and from this community. For sure I am not perfect even I am not so Good enough

I visited that website and it smells like scam all over!!!! lol!

no the scam infect, but its for 5.8 bootrom. Still developers are trying for the latest 6 bootrom .

I think iphonemystry is a SCAMMER. I have read the post's he/she just seems to use bad english and NEVER answer the original question. I feel a ban coming on. w0rd...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

the bootroms dont have anything to do with unlocking. Ive told you many times before. I am beginning to see that it os clear you either dont know how the phone works or you dont know how to read what i say.

I think everybody here can see whats going on.

And for goodness sake stop trying to prove a point with bootroms and bootloaders, they are irrelevant to unlocking the phone. Unless youre talking about downgrading basebands with the bootroms which you didnt say at all.

i've got another question i'm coming to the US next week (i'm from belgium)and i'd like to buy an iphone for 199$ in the applestore, is it still like this that the activation happens on iTunes and NOT in the A-S? cuz i've been searching on the net but it's not really clear. so i'd like to know the actual situation:

does the activation of the AT&T sim card happen in the A-S or on iTunes

last question (to be sure) if i buy an iphone 3gs at 99$ in an A-S, will i be able to unlock it to any sim card?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Im not sure you understand how the iphone works here in the US. You cannot get the phone for $199 or the 3GS for $99 unless you sign a contract.

Assuming you have legal residency in the US, you must sign up for a contract to get that low of a price. If you wish to cancel the line, you must pay the firsy month's service, activation fee, and the termination fee of $375 per line.

US phones are locked to AT&T. You cannot purchase an already unlocked iPhone here in the US. You must apply the unlock yourself through jailbreaking.

If you want to buy a phone in the US, you will need service with AT&T. Best for you to buy it online.

Edit* if you by some chance do get AT&T service and get the phones for the discount price, in the Apple store they will activate your SIM with AT&T for you and also with a valid SIM, the iPhone can be activated via iTunes as well. Assuming you will sign up and keep AT&T for at least a month.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-06-15 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12