Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Jailbroken 3G

Default Unlock Jailbroken 3G
    I have a Jailbroken 3G, ver. 3.12, with 5-11-07 firmware. I also have tethering that works well. I will be buying the iPhone 4 and want to sell my 3G. I understand that to get the most value it should be unlocked as well. I don't want to lose the tethering, etc. What unlock method would allow me to keep everything else intact. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by GaryPSU; 2010-06-13 at 09:45 PM. Reason: misc

The fact that you have cracked apps means you are unlikely to get any help.
    I don't like thieves and neither do most people that know what they are talking about.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The fact that you have cracked apps means you are unlikely to get any help.
    I don't like thieves and neither do most people that know what they are talking about.
    Sorry Confucious if you were bothered my post. My only "cracked" app is Navigon, and if I sell the phone the apps will be removed once the buyer "attaches" it to iTunes on their computer. Aren't Jailbreaking, Unlocking and Tethering technically considered acts of theft too?

No they are not! There is nothing illegal about JailBreaking and unlocking and my data plan specifically allows tethering.
    The Dev Team and Mr Hotz have consistently opposed pirating apps and have always said that their tools should not be used for pirating and that developers should be supported.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Since you only have 11 posts, I can sort of assume that you are relatively new to this game. I will admit that when I first got started, a "trusted friend" installed TOMTOM on it for me. Later did i find out that it was a "stolen" app. I had to go through the learning process too, and am smarter for it. There comes a time in life where you just have to decide to do what is right because, well, it is right.
    The answer to your question, Grasshopper, is black rain. I JB and unlocked well after I had the phone a half year and didn't loose anything except the restrictions. Through black ra1n i learned about the MMI forum, Cydia, and the helpful people out there who want to help you to get the most out of your phone, and NOT wind up in JAIL!
    Piracy is piracy. stretching the rules is expected.
    Do not make the mistake that other people are currently making and ask for 500.00 for a used phone. I can buy NEW unlocked on ebay for 350.00 and you know the price is gonna start to drop soon.
    Do what one of my friends is doing, unlock the phone and make a good friend or family member happy.
    "i would rather be happy than rich"
    unklbyl

BlackRa1n? Don't you mean BlackSn0w?

Just a thought.

Thanks

Nope. summer time not winterboard
    I said and meant blackra1n. I can only speak from my own experience.

BlackRa1n is a JailBreak, not an unlock.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

:P the only cracked app is Navigon...

Thats one of the most expensive and popular ones lol.

Anywayyy i dont see how jailbreaking my phone that i bought with my own money is a form of theft.

Lastly, jailbreak with Blackra1n and unlock with Blacksn0w