Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone on Vodaphone

Default Unlocked iPhone on Vodaphone
    Hey all,

My mate's s still bound to his contract but wants to buy my iPhone. I've explained that he'll be stuck on 3.1.2 for the unlock to work, and won't be able to upgrade to 4.0 until a jailbreak/unlock becomes available.

How will it work on a provider that doesn't have an iPhone plan? Obviously visual voicemail won't work but anything else I should make him aware of?

Thanks!

Thanks

Unlocked means he is fine using a non iPhone plan via go phone prepay etc but the "imei" on the phone will prompt AT&T to get an iPhone plan only

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mikerlx For This Useful Post:

Amraam (2010-06-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Hey all,

My mate's s still bound to his contract but wants to buy my iPhone. I've explained that he'll be stuck on 3.1.2 for the unlock to work, and won't be able to upgrade to 4.0 until a jailbreak/unlock becomes available.

How will it work on a provider that doesn't have an iPhone plan? Obviously visual voicemail won't work but anything else I should make him aware of?

Thanks!
    You're right. Visual VM won't work unless he's on a provider that supports the iPhone and the service. Make sure he's also on a GSM network. Secondly, 3G may not work for him unless his network supports the frequency. I'm assuming you're in Europe and that all carriers use the same 3G frequency.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to douflag For This Useful Post:

Amraam (2010-06-12)

So he will be fine using it? I just discovered Vodaphone actually do iPhone plans, so he could simply ring them and get them to activate visual voicemail on his tarrif?