Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.1.3 relocked. Please help!

Exclamation iPhone 3.1.3 relocked. Please help!
    Hello,

I was stupid enough to update my iPhone to OS 3.1.3. Just as my suspicions proved, my phone has been relocked, and now it serves as nothing more than an emergency calling device. I have searched the forums for a solution and I have gotten mixed messages. I have attempted to use Blackra1n, but the phone will not get past rebooting.

Other sites say I have to wait for an unlock to release? I am not sure if I can jailbreak my phone since I can't seem to get past the activation part. I would be most grateful to whoever can help me out of the hole I just dug myself into!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedRaven View Post
    Hello,

I was stupid enough to update my iPhone to OS 3.1.3. Just as my suspicions proved, my phone has been relocked, and now it serves as nothing more than an emergency calling device. I have searched the forums for a solution and I have gotten mixed messages. I have attempted to use Blackra1n, but the phone will not get past rebooting.

Other sites say I have to wait for an unlock to release? I am not sure if I can jailbreak my phone since I can't seem to get past the activation part. I would be most grateful to whoever can help me out of the hole I just dug myself into!
    There is no jailbreaking tool to hactivate your iphone at 3.1.3, so you will need the official sim card to activate your Iphone and use it as an Ipod Touch, and don't forget to join the Club 05.12.....LOL

Press Thanks if I answer your question..

Unlock will be here very soon for your baseband. In the mean time you can jailbreak with spirt.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Unlock will be here very soon for your baseband. In the mean time you can jailbreak with spirt.
    Not if it is not activated.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (2010-06-10)

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Not if it is not activated.
    correct, not enough info given by him though.

Thanks

If he is stuck on the Emergency screen then he is not activated.

Not true...put it in recovery mode and jailbreak it with redsn0w and if it fails downgrade your device to 3.1.2. Look for tuts i did it an worked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slayoxus View Post
    Not true...put it in recovery mode and jailbreak it with redsn0w and if it fails downgrade your device to 3.1.2. Look for tuts i did it an worked.
    That all depends too. They never told us if they had a 3G or 3GS.

Sorry guys, I have an iPhone 3G. Was able to jailbreak into 3.1.3 with redSn0w, but FuzzyBand said that my bootloader is 5.09. Since I'm really stubborn I'm still trying to find a way to downgrade to 3.1.2

Now with that, I heard you could do it with an stock 3.1.2 ipsw, and load it through iTunes until you get the 1015 error, then the phone is stuck in recovery loop. Any suggestions of where to go next?

Thanks

Basebands do not downgrade via firmware downgrades. You are stuck until the new unlock is released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedRaven View Post
    Sorry guys, I have an iPhone 3G. Was able to jailbreak into 3.1.3 with redSn0w, but FuzzyBand said that my bootloader is 5.09. Since I'm really stubborn I'm still trying to find a way to downgrade to 3.1.2

Now with that, I heard you could do it with an stock 3.1.2 ipsw, and load it through iTunes until you get the 1015 error, then the phone is stuck in recovery loop. Any suggestions of where to go next?
    Close the message box, run quickpwn 22.1 and follow the pop up measage, do the count, once done, close message box and close quickpwn. You iphone will be booted up.
    I don't know why you want to downgrade since you will still be locked to official carrier. Anyway, the above helps you to get back to 3.1.2 and get out of error.

Thanks a lot. Perhaps I let my stubborness get the better of me. It turns out I have the wrong bootloader to unlock my phone. I hear that an unlock for 3.1.3 (or simply baseband 5.12) is coming out soon.

One more question is, I kind of messed around with my phone. First I jailbroke my phone to 3.1.3, then managed to downgrade to 3.1.2. Have I messed up my chances of unlocking my phone (i.e.: is there a chance where I will never be able to unlock my phone again) or do I simply have to be patient and wait for it to come out?

Thanks a lot guys

Thanks

You did not mess up your Iphone, just wait for the new unlock

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

CrazedRaven (2010-06-12)

Thanks
    yeow202 is right. The best thing to do now is wait. The unlock will be here in no time. Hope isn't lost. Lol :P

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MattSinger For This Useful Post:

CrazedRaven (2010-06-12)