Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS iOS4 3.1.2 --> 4.0 Unlocked

Default 3GS iOS4 3.1.2 --> 4.0 Unlocked
    Has anyone tried this yet and unlocked it like msft guy did in the video. Ive been trying to get blacksn0w working without any success yet. I have all the files needed to get it working. I also just wanted to see if anyone has been brave enough to try it yet and if they have what issues they are having or how they did it. I'm just about stumped.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    Has anyone tried this yet and unlocked it like msft guy did in the video. Ive been trying to get blacksn0w working without any success yet. I have all the files needed to get it working. I also just wanted to see if anyone has been brave enough to try it yet and if they have what issues they are having or how they did it. I'm just about stumped.
    I don't think anyone would want to try that since the possibility of bricking your Iphone is 90% or more.

I've been trying it for the past 2 days modifying files and coutless restores with no issues to report other then it not working. Nothing even gave me a hint of a possibility of bricking the phone. Plus I was able to go back to 3.1.2 unlock without and issue

I tried all day yesterday to get it to work without any luck. As far as I can tell, you can create a custom ipsw that doesn't update your baseband, but that's about it. Even with pwnage set to Activate the device, it does't/can't, and unlocks don't work yet either.

So if you don't rely on hactivation and unlock, then pwnagetool will work, but if you do (like me) you need to wait

Question Preserving Baseband
    how can you even preserve that baseband? i would like to try 4.0 just for one day but would like to revert to 3.1.2, so i can still unlock it and use it normally? any idea's/help ?