Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selling 3Gs, possible to restore then re-unlock?

Default Selling 3Gs, possible to restore then re-unlock?
    Hello, I'm looking into selling my 3Gs to my friend, who has T-Mobile. My question is, my 3Gs is running the latest firmware, (I had 3.1.2, with blackra1n, then re-jailbreaked it again using Spirit to get the untethered jailbreak to 3.1.3). I'm also on modem firmware 05.12.01, my question is, is it possible for my friend to restore my 3Gs, then re-jailbreak it a way so that he can make it work with T-Mobile? (I do have SHSHs saved on Cydia, but don't know how I'd go about accessing them). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smitman View Post
    Hello, I'm looking into selling my 3Gs to my friend, who has T-Mobile. My question is, my 3Gs is running the latest firmware, (I had 3.1.2, with blackra1n, then re-jailbreaked it again using Spirit to get the untethered jailbreak to 3.1.3). I'm also on modem firmware 05.12.01, my question is, is it possible for my friend to restore my 3Gs, then re-jailbreak it a way so that he can make it work with T-Mobile? (I do have SHSHs saved on Cydia, but don't know how I'd go about accessing them). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    There is no point restoring to 3.1.2 since you have restored to 3.1.3, your friend can restore to 3.1.3 again and jailbreak with Spirit but he cannot use it on T-mobile for the time being. There is no unlock yet. Wait till an unlock comes out if you want to sell it as an unlock iphone..Sorry.....

gotta wait until after iPhone 4 for the 4.0 unlock
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

That's a bummer. The good thing is that the unlocks for 5.12xx will be here soon.