Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 in Germany

Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 in Germany
    Ok, I've never "unlocked" before as I'm on ATT. However I will be moving to Germany in september. My question is, would it be better to wait until I'm in germany to buy a germany T-Mobile iphone or buy one in the US and unlock it? If I unlock an ATT iphone are there any possible issues if I need to restore/re unlock with out an att sim? thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellrazor35 View Post
    Ok, I've never "unlocked" before as I'm on ATT. However I will be moving to Germany in september. My question is, would it be better to wait until I'm in germany to buy a germany T-Mobile iphone or buy one in the US and unlock it? If I unlock an ATT iphone are there any possible issues if I need to restore/re unlock with out an att sim? thanks
    If you can afford to buy another Iphone while you are in Germany, that would be much better. But if you want to unlock it and use it in Germany, everytime when you do a restore, you have to unlock it again and you might need an official sim card to activate and once again it depends on what jailbreaking tool is available whether to hactivate or no hactivation.
    You can also buy the one that has official unlock but you will be paying big $$$ for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

hellrazor35 (2010-06-09)

Thanks
    Then would the german tmobile iphone work on US tmobile without unlock??

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You would most likely have to get a US sim card. The 3G will not work however. I heard on this forum that a German iPhone with a 2 year contract is 1 euro. Is this true?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You would most likely have to get a US sim card. The 3G will not work however. I heard on this forum that a German iPhone with a 2 year contract is 1 euro. Is this true?
    Yeah that's what I'm getting from german tmobile website. Also have pre paid iphone plans.