Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Activating iPhone 3.1.2 without sleep wake button / DFU

Default Help Activating iPhone 3.1.2 without sleep wake button / DFU
    Hi,

My girlfriend was given an iPhone 2G with no sleep and wake button. The phone came with a deactivated AT&T card. She is on AT&T too and would like to use the phone, without having to pay for a data package and keep her family plan. I am on a Mac, with access to a Bootcamp partition.

I have an iPhone 2G too and jailbroke / unlocked it many times, but I am stuck here with that one.

I cannot put the phone in DFU mode. I tried a windows little software downloaded here to boot the phone in DFU and also tried restoring a modified custom-DFU .ipsw file, neither worked. I tried Pwnage tool and to restore the iPhone in recovery mode, but it fails with an error 1604 each time (because I can only get the phone in recovery mode).

Thus I used Spirit, installed Cydia and Bootneuter. The iPhone is unlocked fine, but I can only operate it with the original de-activated sim-card that came with it. With the original sim iserted, I get a "waiting for activation" message. When I insert any other sim card, I can make phone calls in the emergency mode but cannot access apps, etc.

I tried removing the Lockdown folder as instructed on this forum. It's a no go, the phone seems to only like the original sim.

I did manage to get to a menu in iTunes with my girlfriend's sim card, where it wanted to activate the phone with her card, but I chickened, because I don't want her to have to pay for a data package.

Help would be appreciated.

restore to 3.1.2 stock

then hacktivate with blackra1n
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

vroumvroumkillkill (2010-06-09)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadomon For This Useful Post:

vroumvroumkillkill (2010-06-09)

Will do. Great, thanks!