Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 - SHSH files saved?

Default Restore 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 - SHSH files saved?
    I bought a 2nd hand 3GS which was jailbroken and unlocked with Blackra1n already, it was on 3.1.2 / 5.11.07. After 3 months of flawless use, it got stuck on boot and I couldn't find a way of getting it working again without a restore.

OK, so now I'm fully aware of the issues with upgrading and SHSH stores. So I hear that it can be unlocked with BlackSn0w RC2 if I upgrade with a custom firmware and retain my 5.11.07.

Wrong! It doesn't work, I restored 3.1.3 retaining 5.11.07 but when I tried to restore back to 3.1.2 it failed authentication - I had added the IP to the host file to obtain from Saurik's server - no success.

I guessed the previous owner hadn't stored the SHSH blob on Saurik's server, but when I look in Cydia it states I have a file for 3.1.3 (I never did anything to make it do so) and when I delve deeper into Cydia it has a green tick mark next to 3.1.2

How can I check whether the files were actually stored or not?

If I find the files have been stored then I am obviously doing something wrong with the restore. To do that, I had added the ip for saurik's server to my host file and I had downloaded the firmware for 3.1.2 and tried a "shift restore".

Appreciate any help with this as I've spent all my spare time for the last week researching what could be done, but keep hitting brick walls.

If the answer is wait for a new unlock, so be it, but like to confirm I can't revert to 3.1.2 too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I know what you are doing wrong, you cannot restore to a cfw made from pwnage tools or snowbreeze, you should restore to an edited custom copy made by youself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

eyeRobot (2010-06-08)

Thanks for the reply yeow. Do you think my SHSH file could be on the server given what it states in Cydia?

Can you clarify your instructions for me as I don't fully understand?

Currently I'm on 3.1.3 5.11.07 and was trying to restore with a standard fw file I downloaded. How do I make an edited custom copy myself?

SOLVED: I restored the baseband and RC2 worked perfectly with 3.1.3, so no need to go back to 3.1.2
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-06-08 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    thanks for the reply yeow. Do you think my shsh file could be on the server given what it states in cydia?

Can you clarify your instructions for me as i don't fully understand?

Currently i'm on 3.1.3 5.11.07 and was trying to restore with a standard fw file i downloaded. How do i make an edited custom copy myself?

Solved: I restored the baseband and rc2 worked perfectly with 3.1.3, so no need to go back to 3.1.2
    i am glad you got it..