Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planning to sell my 3GS with 3.13/5.11.07 unlocked question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Planning to sell my 3GS with 3.13/5.11.07 unlocked question
    I have a 3GS on 3.12 with the old bootrom jailbroken and I never saved my SHSH on Saurik's server, but from what I found on the internet I can update/jailbreak to 3.13 and keep my 5.11.07 baseband using Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 and then unlock it by downloading Blacksn0w RC2 Final from Cydia. Does this sound good or anyone use this exact method with success? I need to make sure it is unlocked before selling it, so I can get max profit/people wanting to buy it when I sell it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    if you don't get it sold before the 5.12.01 unlock comes out, you won't get more than $75 for it.. (considering you can get them for $100 from Walmart these days..) so you better be quick!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    True you can get them for $100 at walmart, but they come with a contract and high etf lol, so I doubt that will devalue my iphone price of 350 - 400. Anyway I think the 05.12 unlock will be out after IPhone 4 is released and my IPhone will be long gone before then, I'm just worried about using sn0wbreeze to accidentally update my baseband since I don't have any experience using a custom ispw.

I've been trying the RC2 unlock without success.

Why don't you sell it unlocked on 3.1.2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Oh really? Damn, well I'll try my luck anyway, since I heard RC2 final was supposed to fix the problems. I can't keep 3.12 because I'm using a inav theme, and it would be a huge pain to undo black icons/arrangements, and I don't feel safe selling the phone without restoring first. I also do no have my SHSH saved either, so 3.13 is my only option. I do not have a t-mobile sim to test out but does the RC2 tell you that the unlock failed, because I don't have the buyer ask me for a refund when the unlock doesn't work.

You should be able to get it jailbroken no problem with the custom firmware. Just let me know how you get on with the unlock.

I am in discussion with the creator of the RC2 version, he has suggested something which I will try next. Let me know how you get on and I will do the same.

Make sure you get it from http://cydia.pushfix.info

I'm following the advice in this tweet:
    Twitlonger

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I won't be trying this until a week before the 24th, buy I noticed this.

"Use a custom 3.1.2 ipsw from pwnagetool to get up and running if you are still in the boot loop and dont have your shsh (only for old bootrom non-tethered 3gs’)."

Does that mean I can restore to a custom 3.1.2 ispw without my shsh saved? Then theres no use using sn0wbreeze then for me.
    Last edited by Bakakage; 2010-06-08 at 02:36 PM.

No, I believe that part of the advice is pre-3.1.3 release.

I did followed the above advice (restored baseband 05.11.07) as per the above tweet and RC2 worked just fine. I can't believe it. Mr PushFix deserves some paypal credit I think!!

I'm running 3.1.3 baseband 05.11.07 jailbroken and unlocked!
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-06-08 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can you go through the exact steps you did to have the unlock working?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakakage View Post
    Can you go through the exact steps you did to have the unlock working?
    You are good to use CFW created either by Pwnage Tools or SnowBreeze of OS 3.1.3 and then unlocked with BlacksnowRC2. Don't worry, you can jailbreak and unlock it without a single problem..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Should I install pushfix 2.0 as well?

Thanks

Add this source to your repo : cydia.pushfix.info and search for Blacksn0wRC2.

I couldn't get the Sn0wbreeze custom file to work, so I used a downloaded one from here:

{Deleted it after being advised it's not allowed to post the links}

You need to join the 2 files using this software:
    HJSplit

As per above, my baseband was corrupted somehow, so maybe that's why I needed to restore that afterwards.

Anyway, do your restore, add repo as per yeow cydia.pushfix.info and then install BlackSn0w RC2.

If that won't work (mine constantly displayed "searching", then you do the following (ripped from the tweet link above):

Requirements:
    MobileTerminal (installed from cydia)
    OpenSSH or iPhoneBrowser (so you can transfer files to the phone)
    Baseband update files: 051107_bbupdate.zip

The baseband update files include:
    ICE2_05.11.07.fls (MD5: 30443351a76d74fcb3599a631fd910f4)
    ICE2_05.11.07.eep (MD5: cdb2b86f15fbf273d74d8e28d61c27ed)
    BBUpdaterExtreme (MD5: faeb92dfcccedd2399582698a1a986c0)

Put these 3 files into your /tmp directory on the 3Gs using SFTP, iPhoneBrowser, DiskAid, etc.

As root (enter su first; default password: alpine), run these commands in MobileTerminal (4 separate commands):

cd /tmp
    chmod 755 BBUpdaterExtreme
    launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    ./BBUpdaterExtreme update -f ICE2_05.11.07.fls -e ICE2_05.11.07.eep

Once the updater is finished (takes a few minutes), reboot the phone by entering the command reboot in MobileTerminal or do it manually with the sleep button. When your 3gs loads, you can apply blacksn0w to your fresh 05.11.07 baseband.

With respect to your question on pushfix, you can add the app (it will tell you if pushfix is already working i PushTest). If you activated with custom firmware (rather than with sim) then it's likely you'll need it, although mine were working already.

Good luck and let us know it worked!
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-06-09 at 06:43 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

PSYC0TIC ONE (2010-06-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks bro I'll let you know next week when I try it, also can you pm the link? If you can't its cool, I know others places to grab it.

Google 3.1.3 05.11.07 ipsw and it should be your first hit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

i can tell you one thing... i literally just tried unlocking my 32 gig 3gs jb 3.1.3 on 5.11.07 (old bootrom) with the original blackra1n from the blackra1n repo on cydia... and it put the phone into a reboot loop, i am at work right now but, i will tool around with it a bit tonight when i get back home...

from what i'm reading, i need to do a restore to CFW 3.1.2, then try to unlock at 3.1.2 and not bother 3.1.3, I too am trying to sell my 3GS TOMORROW and need this fixed ASAP.. lol oh the trials and tribulations of jailbreaking

i'll post on here with my results, i think this thread has been the most informative of all others i've read so far!!!
    Last edited by PSYC0TIC ONE; 2010-06-10 at 03:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Don't bother downgrading as I heard you might get service problems, look at westonben's 2nd to last post which tells to use the blacksn0w from the pushfix repo, and any service problems will be fixable by reloading the baseband file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    i can tell you one thing... i literally just tried unlocking my 32 gig 3gs jb 3.1.3 on 5.11.07 (old bootrom) with the original blackra1n from the blackra1n repo on cydia... and it put the phone into a reboot loop, i am at work right now but, i will tool around with it a bit tonight when i get back home...

from what i'm reading, i need to do a restore to CFW 3.1.2, then try to unlock at 3.1.2 and not bother 3.1.3, I too am trying to sell my 3GS TOMORROW and need this fixed ASAP.. lol oh the trials and tribulations of jailbreaking

i'll post on here with my results, i think this thread has been the most informative of all others i've read so far!!!
    Your problem is because you use the wrong unlock, add the repo to cydia : cydia.pushfix.info and install Blacksn0wRC2 will fix your problem. Original Blacksn0w will not work with 3.1.3

Press Thanks if I help you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

PSYC0TIC ONE (2010-06-10)

Restore again to cfw 3.1.3 05.11.07 and reload the baseband as per above. You definately using RC2 blacksn0w? Make sure it's from pushfix repo.

I've been giving mine a good try out and it's good. No wifi issues and push was working already.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bakakage View Post
    Don't bother downgrading as I heard you might get service problems, look at westonben's 2nd to last post which tells to use the blacksn0w from the pushfix repo, and any service problems will be fixable by reloading the baseband file.
    yeah, i followed the directions on the iClarified tutorial here and saw the part where it was for baseband 5.11.07 and figured I was good to go on 3.1.3, only after did i get put into the reboot loop did i read the comments where other 3.1.3 users were having issues...

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Your problem is because you use the wrong unlock, add the repo to cydia : cydia.pushfix.info and install Blacksn0wRC2 will fix your problem. Original Blacksn0w will not work with 3.1.3

Press Thanks if I help you.
    i did not use blacksnow to jailbreak, i used pwnage tool 3.1.5 with CFW to maintain the 5.11.07 baseband...

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Restore again to cfw 3.1.3 05.11.07 and reload the baseband as per above. You definately using RC2 blacksn0w? Make sure it's from pushfix repo.

I've been giving mine a good try out and it's good. No wifi issues and push was working already.
    so on a 3GS, old bootrom, running 3.1.3 jailbroken with pwnage tool CAN BE UNLOCKED via the pushfix repo on cydia???

i just restored to 3.1.2 CFW, double checked and I'm still on 5.11.07 baseband... so, i'm gonna give the original unlock a shot unless someone here verifies again that their's are working...

one final question, as i've never run into any issues on AT&T but... once unlocked and running on t-mobile, will the 3.1.3 jb with unlock be a tethered or untethered jailbreak???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast