Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planning to sell my 3GS with 3.13/5.11.07 unlocked question

Did you read this thread in full? I am on 3.1.3 with 05.11.07 unlocked through blacksnow rc2 and jailbroken through cfw.

Follow the steps in my post above.

Yeow Is correct when he tells you you went wrong using blackra1n repo as that is for 3.1.2.

All the info you need is already on this thread.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

PSYC0TIC ONE (2010-06-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Did you read this thread in full? I am on 3.1.3 with 05.11.07 unlocked through blacksnow rc2 and jailbroken through cfw.

Follow the steps in my post above.

Yeow Is correct when he tells you you went wrong using blackra1n repo as that is for 3.1.2.

All the info you need is already on this thread.
    i DID BUT, you know how it is... especially when it came to the 3GS unlocks going around... people swore up and down that they had theirs "unlocked" when they were just photoshopping pictures of 3G iPhones...

i will do as you indicated above now that i have confirmation... what about my final question as far as tethered vs untethered???

Trust me I know how you feel. I wasn't being harsh in my post but I guess it looks like it.

For complete clarity:
    3gs 3.1.3 05.11.07 custom firmware (downloaded) for jailbreak and blacksn0w RC2 (pushfix repo) untethered and fully functional.

1. Restore to custom firmware
    2. Install pushfix blacksn0w RC2

3. If it's not working then restore cfw again, reload baseband, and then try blacksn0w.

Good luck

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    i DID BUT, you know how it is... especially when it came to the 3GS unlocks going around... people swore up and down that they had theirs "unlocked" when they were just photoshopping pictures of 3G iPhones...

i will do as you indicated above now that i have confirmation... what about my final question as far as tethered vs untethered???
    Yours is always untethered because you have the old bootrom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Trust me I know how you feel. I wasn't being harsh in my post but I guess it looks like it.

For complete clarity:
    3gs 3.1.3 05.11.07 custom firmware (downloaded) for jailbreak and blacksn0w RC2 (pushfix repo) untethered and fully functional.

1. Restore to custom firmware
    2. Install pushfix blacksn0w RC2

3. If it's not working then restore cfw again, reload baseband, and then try blacksn0w.

Good luck
    awesome... thanks... I actually just emailed the guy that is buying my phone tomorrow and asked him which he would rather since he'd be the one dealing with it the majority of the time... i like my customers to be pleased!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Yours is always untethered because you have the old bootrom.
    good news for me, thanks buddy!!!

i guess the moral of the story is, 3.1.2 OR 3.1.3 DO NOT USE THE RC1 version of blacksn0w to unlock at all huh?

hahaha, i love this forum!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey Wes I can just restore with custom 3.1.3 using itunes right? No need for pwnage tool or anything?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakakage View Post
    Hey Wes I can just restore with custom 3.1.3 using itunes right? No need for pwnage tool or anything?
    I think you are getting a little confused here. Pwnage Tools and SnowBreeze are tools to create CFW, What you have right now is either created by these tools. You can just restore to CFW 3.1.3 and once restored you are already jailbroken.

Thanks

bakakage, I used iTunes, but make sure it is a custom firmware...

Just hold down the Option key on the keyboard while clicking restore/update and select ur custom firmware from the box...

I cannot remember what key to use for windows

Blackrain repo for blacksnow for 3.1.2

pushfix repo for 3.1.3

restore cfw through iTunes and you're already jailbroken.

For me, the 3.1.3 route is more stable. Pushfix has made some improvements in RC2 to fix wifi/push problems in the 3.1.2 solution.

I should state that I'm on windows, hold shift when you press restore.

Follow these instructions if it doesn't work first time

blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-06-10 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

well, sold the iphone today... got $450 for it...

as far as the update process went... i figured i'd stay safe at 3.1.2 and the unlock...

the only thing i did NOT do in wes's post was, the IPSW combining... i had a clean version of 3.1.2 i had made with pwnage tool 3.1.5, restored the phone; then i opened cydia, let it do its updates and downloaded sbsettings and openssh and mobileterminal; downloaded the baseband updater from wes's post and did the baseband update; back into cydia and added the pushfix repo; downloaded the blacksn0w rc2 (worked for 3.1.2 by the way) and i was done...

funny thing was, when i met the guy to sell it, it refused to pick up a signal from t-mobile for like 5 minutes, remembered to turn OFF 3G and away we went...

got home, tried to get on my xbox and got the damn red ring of death... good freaking times... lol

thank you again for you guys that helped me out on this... i really appreciate it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey Wes, I finally updated to the cw 3.1.3 you gave me, but now I do not have a signal. Should I try installing blacksn0w first then reload my baseband if I still do not get my signal back?

EDIT: Decided to install Blacksn0w and low and behold I got my signal back! This should mean that using a t-mobile sim will most likely work right? And I am selling the phone tomorrow, so is there anything else I should do before handing it off? Also many great thanks for those who have helped me so far =].
    Last edited by Bakakage; 2010-06-14 at 12:22 PM.

Certainly sounds like success. Can't you try someone else sim card on it?

You should test for wifi issues, YouTube problems and push issues. I think you will be ok though as this version of blacksn0w seems to have fixed thoseissue. You could install pushfix and run pushtest, but that will cost you a few dollars.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-06-14 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nah no sim to test it out on, but everything seems to be working, now I need to decide who to sell it to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bakakage View Post
    Nah no sim to test it out on, but everything seems to be working, now I need to decide who to sell it to.
    fyi, i would definitely try someone's t-mobile sim before you sell it... it can take up to a few minutes for it to acquire a signal on t-mobiles network the first time... for some reason, it only happens the first time... when i tried another sim, it worked perfectly... but, i am only on 3.1.2 cfw... (well, i guess i can't say "i" anymore since she's been gone almost a week now

damn i miss having an iphone... been stuck with my old crackberry 8310 since then...

lol pm me if you sell your phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12