Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service Problem. Help!

Default No Service Problem. Help!
    So I bought an iPhone off craigslist that was supposedly unlockable. At the time I only knew to look for the firmware number. But the shady ***** downgraded after she had upgraded and so the baseband was 5.12.01. The bootloader is also 5.09 so I can't use fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband. I finally sold the phone after 2 months and it doesn't work with AT&T sim card -_-. But when putting in the sim card it would accept it but there would be no service. I can't call out and no calls can call in. So I had to give the money back and take back the phone. I've tried disabling the 3g. I've reseted the network settings. I've tried restoring it. I've tried upgrading to 3.1.3. I now jailbroke it again to 3.1.2. And I'm waiting to borrow someones AT&T sim card to test it out. Does anyone have any suggestions if it doesn't work? Does anyone know what the problem might be?
    Last edited by simonc90; 2010-06-08 at 10:48 AM.

I'm confused, didn't you say that you sold the phone? Anyways, are you sure that its an att locked phone and not from another country? Check your model number to find out, and make sure your settings are all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I am confused too, you sold your Iphone and you are trying to troubleshoot the problem without physically having the Iphone.

well i gave the money back cause i wasn't gonna try and hustle someone else. so i now have the phone

the model number is MB702LL
    Last edited by simonc90; 2010-06-08 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I assume you have a 3G or 3GS, you have the latest BB now , therefore you can use your Iphone on official carrier as from now until an unlock comes out.

You can also check where your Iphone comes from : http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/archive/t-994747.html
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-09 at 05:51 AM.

did you activate with the ATT sim? or hacktivate?

either way, restore the phone with the ATT sim in the phone
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

i'm going to try and restore it to 3.1.3 and try putting an at&t sim card. you guys think itll work?