Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sim Card not supported

Default Sim Card not supported
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought an iPhone 3gs yesterday off of craigslist. The phone was jailbroken and had the latest firmware on it (Cydia installed). I have TMobile. I had everything working (internet etc...) but couldnt make calls; the phone was searching for a network. Called TMobile and we couldnt figure it out. So after doing some stuff on my own, I decided to restore it on iTunes. iTunes will not allow me to complete the restore b/c the SIM card is not supported. It is telling me to go get a supported SIM card and it will restore the phone.

Any suggestions?

2nd Question- My brother in law has an Iphone and I would like to use his SIM card to restore mine. Will this affect his SIM card in any way if I put it in my phone? Will he loose anything? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by tcsalon; 2010-06-06 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in settings go to general and about and see what it says under firmware if its 5.12 then you cannot unlock it as for now

Thanks for the reply. I can't get into the phone to see what firmware it is.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcsalon View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I can't get into the phone to see what firmware it is.
    Check you model number to see which official carrier you have : >
    You want know which carrier is your phone ? [Archive] - GSM-Forum

it an AT&T United States phone