Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS on 3.1.3 - use gophone for now and switch to tmobile when 4.0 & unlock are released

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3GS on 3.1.3 - use gophone for now and switch to tmobile when 4.0 & unlock are released
    Hi all,
    I presently have a 2G running 3.1.3 jb / unlocked in tmobile prepay. I want to give it to the wife for use with her tmobile contract plan. I just bought a 3GS on eBay. When I get it, I plan to stick in my AT&T gophone sim for about a month or less until 4.0 is released and then hopefully not long after the unlock for either 3.1.3 or 4.0. I like tmobile pay as you go cuz it's cheap for me since I don't call much. Just texts every now and again. I use wifi at home for email etc. I'm sure gophone can be used presently with 3.1.3 on the gs
    3gs without from what I've read. Any opinions as to gophone (more expensive per min and texts but better coverage for me) or tmobile which has cheap texts but no signal Inside stores. Always has great signal withy net10 phone but the iPhone gets no signal. Is this the phone or carrier. Sorry for all the questions in one thread. Love this site and read the news everyday lately. Thanks in advance for any comments

Trying to edit the bad grammar on post above but can't thru iPhone?
    Last edited by conqst99; 2010-06-06 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

T-Mobile.

Spotty coverage is only annoying when using data, at least for me. But that rarely happens, it is usual darn fast even on edge.

AT&T prepaid stuff is completely over priced.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree with the overpricing. For TMO, it's only 5cent to receive and 10cent to send a text. For AT&T it's like 20cent for either send or receive but my only choice until an unlock comes out. My 2G iPhone seems to be alot slower performance wise than my 3G iPod touch. Not sure if the jailbraking on 2g is slowing it down or just the older processor. Question - can I just switch the sim on wife's old tmobile contract phone and put into the unlocked 2g and not have to pay extra for data? I think I read somewhere that she won't get charged since she doesn't have the tzones and I have the data settings turned off in the 2g

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ipod touch 3G has a much better processor than a 2G phone (even beats a 3G) thats why its faster

You can pop the tmo sim into the 2G without needing a data plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for your help