Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unactivated Iphone 3gs (unknown Fm) - Week 880181 - Can I jailbreak?

Default Unactivated Iphone 3gs (unknown Fm) - Week 880181 - Can I jailbreak?
    Hi Guys

Had a 3g before and jailbreaked it no problems..

Purchased a 3gs (on Orange) from ebay brand new. It hasn't been activated, nor do I have an orange sim to activate it. Is it possible to jailbreak then unlock?

As I cannot get into it i have no idea of which firmware its running, think its a week 18 phone (880181).

Thanks in advance

Knobby.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not now, it has to be activated to jailbreak. But if you do get ahold of an Orange sim, then yes, you can.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kn0bby View Post
    Hi Guys

Had a 3g before and jailbreaked it no problems..

Purchased a 3gs (on Orange) from ebay brand new. It hasn't been activated, nor do I have an orange sim to activate it. Is it possible to jailbreak then unlock?

As I cannot get into it i have no idea of which firmware its running, think its a week 18 phone (880181).

Thanks in advance

Knobby.
    I am quite sure you will have version 3.1.3, and the new bootrom, so you can only jailbreak with Spirit jailbreak but you can't unlock....sorry

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    I am quite sure you will have version 3.1.3, and the new bootrom, so you can only jailbreak with Spirit jailbreak but you can't unlock....sorry
    You are completely right. Got hold of an orange sim this afternoon.. Put it straight back on ebay.

I've seen some Apple iPhone 3gs 32gb that are said to be factory unlocked and will work on any network. Ever seen this?

Thanks

Knobby.

@Kn0bby: You can buy an Iphone 3GS 16G on Pay and Go from O2 for Pnds 450 no contract. They phone will come with 12 months of unlimited 3G access for 12 months you only have to top up for minutes. You have a choice to get it officially unlocked for PNDS 15 but if you chose to unlock it you will lose the 12 months free 3G.

iPhone Index 3G_S Pay & Go