Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Unlock 2G (1st gen) iPhone w/ Blacksn0w on 3.1.3?

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone red_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Take a Look Behind You...Just Kidding
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Unlock 2G (1st gen) iPhone w/ Blacksn0w on 3.1.3?
    Hello

    Can i unlock a 2G iphone with blacksn0w?
    i saw on the blacksn0w description it does 3G's and 3GS'es
    Also would i need to jailbreak with blackra1n?
    how would i know its unlocked...I would be using this phone on AT&T's network...but it needs to be unlocked


    Thanks for any answers

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by red_zone View Post
    Hello

    Can i unlock a 2G iphone with blacksn0w?
    i saw on the blacksn0w description it does 3G's and 3GS'es
    Also would i need to jailbreak with blackra1n?
    how would i know its unlocked...I would be using this phone on AT&T's network...but it needs to be unlocked


    Thanks for any answers
    This guide is on the front page and you can't miss it, anyway the link is here

    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone red_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Take a Look Behind You...Just Kidding
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Fyi...i dont want to use redsn0w (yeah i already know about it,to)....thats why i said blacksn0w from Cydia..

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Blacksn0w was made for more current basebands. The 2G has an old baseband that doesn't change anymore. That is why the suggestion for redsn0w should work better.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Oh well, it is his choice, let him do what he wants.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone red_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Take a Look Behind You...Just Kidding
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Oh well,I'm new to unlocking. So yeah. Thanks for the info,Cerote. And yeow202,chill,it's just a question. Like I have said,I'm new to unlocking. Maybe I will use redsn0w. But I would have to downgrade the phone. I don't feel like doing that though. Oh well. Thanks for the link though yeow202

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    539
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 63 Times in 58 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by red_zone View Post
    But I would have to downgrade the phone. I don't feel like doing that though.
    Why would you have to downgrade?

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone red_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Take a Look Behind You...Just Kidding
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Oh,you know,I misread that part about 3.1.2,oops

  9. #9
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Just to clarify, cuz you seem to be mixing tools/terms into one category.

    Redsn0w=jailbreak which can implement the unlock automatically to 2G phones via BootNeuter

    Blacksn0w=unlock for 3G or 3GS phones on 5.11.07

    blacksn0w does not work on 2G, you will use BootNeuter to unlock. Which like I said, Redsn0w will automatically do for you.

    If you happen to wanna know why, its cuz your baseband (what is it? 4.25.x or something...) doesnt support Blacksn0w, only Bootneuter.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-06-04 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Here, this should help with the whole process. Or if you are jailbroken already the last paragraph has the unlock info for 2G.

    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows


    On a Mac: http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbre...nagetool-os-x/
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

    red_zone (2010-06-05)

  12. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone red_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Take a Look Behind You...Just Kidding
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    thanks to all the answers...i got it working

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Here, this should help with the whole process. Or if you are jailbroken already the last paragraph has the unlock info for 2G.

    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows


    On a Mac: How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with PwnageTool OS X
    Hello,
    I'm having trouble locating/opening the 3.1.2 firmware that I downloaded from that link to be able to downgrade/restor it in iTunes. Now i'm in DFU mode. Any tips?

    Thanks in advance

  14. #13
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pittman71 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm having trouble locating/opening the 3.1.2 firmware that I downloaded from that link to be able to downgrade/restor it in iTunes. Now i'm in DFU mode. Any tips?

    Thanks in advance
    What do mean opening?. If the file downloaded is in a .zip form, just rename from .zip to .ipsw then you will see it in a cube form.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    pittman71 (2010-07-02)

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    What do mean opening?. If the file downloaded is in a .zip form, just rename from .zip to .ipsw then you will see it in a cube form.
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks. Do i need to rename any of the other downloads?

  17. #15
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pittman71 View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks. Do i need to rename any of the other downloads?
    t depends, if it is downloaded as ipsw, then you don't have to.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    pittman71 (2010-07-02)

  19. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    t depends, if it is downloaded as ipsw, then you don't have to.
    Just needed to rename the firmware file. Then everything worked smoothly with redsnow. Now I need to find all the hacks for Tmobile.
    Thanks so much for your help.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •