Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guys plz Help.. 2g wid 3.1

Default Guys plz Help.. 2g wid 3.1
    hey guys..
    i've been using my 2g since almost 2 yrs now and it was jailbroken with cedia and icy etc etc.. but a few hours back i upgraded the firmware to 3.1 from 3.0 becoz i wanted the appsync 3.1 and now my phone seems to be locked.. it says i need the original sim card to activate.. ive tried everything i read on the forums.. even the home and power button but nothin is happening.. is there any way to fix it?? plz help..

Thanks

P.S. - on my phone theres the usb and the itunes picture.. with the option of emergency calling.. i cant even view anything else.. not even the settings..
    Last edited by unpunked; 2010-06-03 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

By restoring your FW you've disabled the unlock you previously had.

Just run Redsn0w and all will be good again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unpunked View Post
    hey guys..
    i've been using my 2g since almost 2 yrs now and it was jailbroken with cedia and icy etc etc.. but a few hours back i upgraded the firmware to 3.1 from 3.0 becoz i wanted the appsync 3.1 and now my phone seems to be locked.. it says i need the original sim card to activate.. ive tried everything i read on the forums.. even the home and power button but nothin is happening.. is there any way to fix it?? plz help..

Thanks

P.S. - on my phone theres the usb and the itunes picture.. with the option of emergency calling.. i cant even view anything else.. not even the settings..
    You too, read this thread, it explains everything you need to know

How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X