Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent Help Needed!!

Default Urgent Help Needed!!
    Hi Guys,

Trying for 3 days to unlock my iPhone 3G on 3.1.3, i downloaded sn0wbreeze and made a custom firmware package, i open itunes with phone in DFU mode and hold down Ctrl and locate my custom firmware.

BUT

iTunes then just gets stuck on Prepairing iPhone For Restore and does nothing at all, so i dug around and left it and i got the 1604 error, did my research and downloaded iReb.

Run iReb and clicked iPhone 3G, waited an hour and the screen never went white and i still can't restore it.

Need help urgently to restore the custom fimrware, any other ideas?

Thanks
    Simon

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

What is your modem firmware in Settings-->General-->About? If you have the 5.12.xx modem you cannot unlock.Since you are on a 3G phone you can download a custom ispw from the net and do your ctrl/restore with it. Snowbreeze is kinda iffy. Your profile says you have a MAC. You should be using Pwnage Tool Create a 3.1.2 firmware and put that on your phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by betty02 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Trying for 3 days to unlock my iPhone 3G on 3.1.3, i downloaded sn0wbreeze and made a custom firmware package, i open itunes with phone in DFU mode and hold down Ctrl and locate my custom firmware.

BUT

iTunes then just gets stuck on Prepairing iPhone For Restore and does nothing at all, so i dug around and left it and i got the 1604 error, did my research and downloaded iReb.

Run iReb and clicked iPhone 3G, waited an hour and the screen never went white and i still can't restore it.

Need help urgently to restore the custom fimrware, any other ideas?

Thanks
    Simon
    I think you are already at stock 3.1.3, CFW will not work for you now, use Spirit jailbreak if you have the official sim card to activate after a stock fw restore. No unlock for you , no matter what you do unless your bootloader is 5.08

Yea your screwed and the reason it doesn't let u Downgrade is because apple stopped signing firmware 3.1.2 for 3g and 3gs.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    Yea your screwed and the reason it doesn't let u Downgrade is because apple stopped signing firmware 3.1.2 for 3g and 3gs.
    The use of shsh file apply to 3GS, 4G and all future iphones.....