Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3,1,2 unlock with atnt sim

Default 3,1,2 unlock with atnt sim
    Hey guys, before I do this I want to make sure that I'm doing it right. I have a 32 Gb iPhone 3gs on 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 that I want to unlock. I plan on unlocking it and selling it so it needs to be right. Is it possible to unlock the phone using an ATNT sim then for whoever buys it to just put in a T-Mobile or ATNT sim?

are these the right steps?

1. Jailbreak with blackra1n
    2. Install cydia
    3. Install Blacksn0w

Is that it?

Can someone point me towards a tutorial if thats wrong?

So to clarify, I want to unlock the phone to sell it. Can whoever buys it just put in their own sim and it will work?

Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jp93 View Post
    Hey guys, before I do this I want to make sure that I'm doing it right. I have a 32 Gb iPhone 3gs on 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 that I want to unlock. I plan on unlocking it and selling it so it needs to be right. Is it possible to unlock the phone using an ATNT sim then for whoever buys it to just put in a T-Mobile or ATNT sim?

are these the right steps?

1. Jailbreak with blackra1n
    2. Install cydia
    3. Install Blacksn0w

Is that it?

Can someone point me towards a tutorial if thats wrong?

So to clarify, I want to unlock the phone to sell it. Can whoever buys it just put in their own sim and it will work?

Thank you
    Why don't you use Spirit instead of Blackra1n and unlock with Blacksn0w

Because the phones not activated. Well there's no service, it's not on the plug into iTunes screen or anything it's on the springboard. Can I jb with spirit? The phone doesn't get service though, does this matter? Sorry if this is unclear in posting from my phone

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Because the phones not activated. Well there's no service, it's not on the plug into iTunes screen or anything it's on the springboard. Can I jb with spirit? The phone doesn't get service though, does this matter? Sorry if this is unclear in posting from my phone
    Yes, as long as you are in Springboard, you are good to go with Spirit jailbreak, if you are using windows, make sure you put spirit.exe in windows 98 compatibility mode before you run it.

Is it a fresh copy of 3.1.2, if you have jailbroken at 3.1.2 with Blackra1n, do not use Spirit on top of Blackra1n.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-29 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yes its a fresh copy of 3.1.2, never before been jailbroken. I jailbroke my phone with spirit so is it the same thing then just install blacksn0w?