Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iphone 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom activation help

  1. #1
    Default iphone 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom activation help
    I bought an iphone 3gs off ebay but its locked and i cannot activate it. Is there any way i can activate/hacktivate it so i can at least go to the springboard? I dont mind not being able to make calls or whatever until 4.0 comes out, but i just want to use it as an ipod touch. I tried using redsnow and spirit but they didnt work. I am on fw 3.1.3 with 5.12.01 baseband and model no. MC131 with new bootrom.
    Any help would be great as i would really like to use at least some of the features of my new iphone.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnop123 View Post
    I bought an iphone 3gs off ebay but its locked and i cannot activate it. Is there any way i can activate/hacktivate it so i can at least go to the springboard? I dont mind not being able to make calls or whatever until 4.0 comes out, but i just want to use it as an ipod touch. I tried using redsnow and spirit but they didnt work. I am on fw 3.1.3 with 5.12.01 baseband and model no. MC131 with new bootrom.
    Any help would be great as i would really like to use at least some of the features of my new iphone.
    Unfortunately , you need the official sim card to activate, didn't you ask the question when buying on ebay about being able to use it on any carrier ? There is no way around at this moment, just wait is your only option.

  3. #3
    I did read some instances where people have managed to hactivate a 3gs running 3.1.3 and 5.12.01, but i just didnt know how they did it. I dont mind about the unlock at the moment but im just interested if there is any way i can get to the springboard, etc.

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 105 Times in 91 Posts

    What country is the phone from? If you have a new bootrom 3GS, you're screwed unless you have a sim

  5. #5
    Its from the USA but i live in the UK, and i read somewhere on the net that it is possible to hactivate it with redsnow or something, but i cant get it to work.

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 105 Times in 91 Posts

    Redsn0w afaik doesn't work with the new bootrom, the only way to jailbreak is through Spirit, and that only works if you are activated... I'd just import a prepaid AT&T sim and activate it normally.

  7. #7
    how to unlock iphone

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by syedarman View Post
    how to unlock iphone
    Why do u want to unlock.??.LOL.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-30 at 05:12 AM.

  9. #9
    Have a question??? Dont have a iphone but is if i buy one like right now will i be able to unlock, jailbreak it? Abviosley since i bought it right now i would have the newest iphone which is the 3gs on the newwest broadband(dont know ehat dat is) and the newest everything will i be able to jailbreak it and unlock it or does it not work Also what is activating it do?? Can you not use it if its not activated reply plz need major help

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    Have a question??? Dont have a iphone but is if i buy one like right now will i be able to unlock, jailbreak it? Abviosley since i bought it right now i would have the newest iphone which is the 3gs on the newwest broadband(dont know ehat dat is) and the newest everything will i be able to jailbreak it and unlock it or does it not work Also what is activating it do?? Can you not use it if its not activated reply plz need major help
    New 3GS will probably be version 3.1.3, No unlock but jailbreak only.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    New 3GS will probably be version 3.1.3, No unlock but jailbreak only.
    ok thnx exactly what i wanted to hear guess ill wait

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    New 3GS will probably be version 3.1.3, No unlock but jailbreak only.
    If jailbrake is possible, how to do it?

  13. #13
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Spirit of course, it is all over the forum.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Spirit of course, it is all over the forum.
    Thanks, but I am stuck with the emergency call screen. I mean it is not activated. When I use Sprit my 3GS 3.1.3 with BB5.12.01 shows error. Is there any way to get the Spring Board.

  15. #15
    same here i got 3 1 3 with 5 12 01 and i just restored and im stuck at the activate screen. i have a working tmobile sim and not working atnt sim. how can i get to springboard so i can use it as a ipod

  16. #16
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rajib28 View Post
    Thanks, but I am stuck with the emergency call screen. I mean it is not activated. When I use Sprit my 3GS 3.1.3 with BB5.12.01 shows error. Is there any way to get the Spring Board.
    Unfortunately, having a sim card to acitvate your Iphone before applying Spirit jailbreak is your only option.....

  17. #17
    Default activating an ATT phone
    I wanted to share my experience with activating without official sim. I bought a 3gS off ebay a few months ago and have been using it on a pay as you go plan from ATT for at least four months. I used Spirit to jailbreak it and have been waiting on the unlock from DEVTEAM so that I can put my T-Mobile sim in it. Today I installed Fuzzy band just to check what version of bootloader I had and then immediately uninstalled it.
    The next phone call that I made the phone went crazy and completely died to the point where I had to do a restore.
    I was a little worried about doing a restore because i did not have the original SIM that was used to set it up.
    I restored it with the ATT pay as you go sim in it and it restored and activated with no problem and is now fully functional again.
    I will probably wait a couple of weeks before I jailbreak it again in case it makes more sense to update to version 4 before I re-jailbreak.
    The moral of the story is that you can activate the phone perfectly normally with a pay as you go SIM.

  18. #18
    dont worry, when ios4 is out, a jailbreak and unlock will be available fairly soon i would imagine. so that you can use your phone. ios4 will be out on 24th here in uk. until then sit tight lol

  19. #19
    Spirit didn't work without original SIM card, Looking for jailbreak and unlock for 3GS 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.01. Any one knows please help.

    JAT
    INDIA

  20. #20
    Just wanna help some1 out in need and your in need!! lol
    There is currently no unlock for 5.12.01. or so ive read there will be one soon but as for jailbreaking i jailbroke mine last week with redsn0w 0.9.4 and the update file 3.1.2(it must be 3.1.2)
    basically just google both of these files and you'll be good just go thru the set up and if ur a complete noob just go to youtube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •