Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking without an AT&T SIM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking without an AT&T SIM
    Hey,

A friend at work has a 3G that he bought in the USA with AT&T. Now he accidently upgraded with iTunes to 3.1.3. Now the iPhone says (I'm not exactly sure what it says because it's in Swedish) but it says something like Connect to iTunes to activate. It also has a message saying that you need to insert a SIM card that is allowed to use with this iPhone (AT&T). Now we are in living in Finland so we can't get an AT&T SIM. So how can I load a firmware onto the iPhone WITHOUT a SIM? Then I can jailbreak it and unlock it with Spirit.

I can't give you guys any info about the bootrom or anything because it's stuck on the Connect to iTunes logo with Emergency Calls Only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    MacBook Pro 15" + White 16GB Jailbroken iPhone 3GS
    2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, 256 MB GeForce 9600M GT Graphics, Mac OS X v10.6.2

Spirit needs an activated iPhone. You can JB with RedSn0w but not unlock as the BB will be 05.12.01
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.