Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will my unlock be kept if I 'reset' my phone to wipe it clean?

Default Will my unlock be kept if I 'reset' my phone to wipe it clean?
    I'm gonna sell my phone in a few days so I plan on making one last backup, unlock it, wipe it, sell it. Question: when I go to Settings/General/Reset/Erase all content & settings - will the phone still be unlocked? If so, what about everything I've DLed in Cydia, will that all remain too?

no, if you rely on an *snow unlock. you will loose it if you wipe. if you do you gotta be carefull not to upgrade to 3.1.3 just to be on the safe side.

So then if I just wipe everything within the Settings app. Will Cydia/Blackra1n still be on my phone? That way I'd just Unlock it after I wipe an voila.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Doing it from the settings basically will put the phone in restore mode anyway. Pressing that button will make you restore.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Oh, well **** - so then I might as well just manually delete everything that's important and such, then unlock an sell?

Thanks

What phone is it? 2G 3G 3GS and what firmware?

3GS on 3.1.2

Thanks

Do you have SHSH for 3.1.2 stored?

Yes, but I have no idea how that works and what it even means.

Thanks

Are you on windows or OSX?

Windows 7

I got a buyer already, I told him tomorrow morning some time so =x

I have the same question. But for a 3G. Do the Shsh files not apply for the 3G because i dont see them on cydia like i do on my 3G[S]. ill propbably manually remove the things i don't want someone else to have. i dont want to chance having to restore he phone and updating the baseband. thanks let my know if i can clear the settings or easly restore without updating to 3.1.3;etc. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oakland6980 View Post
    I have the same question. But for a 3G. Do the Shsh files not apply for the 3G because i dont see them on cydia like i do on my 3G[S]. ill propbably manually remove the things i don't want someone else to have. i dont want to chance having to restore he phone and updating the baseband. thanks let my know if i can clear the settings or easly restore without updating to 3.1.3;etc. thanks
    You don't see shsh on 3G iphone because 3G does not have the hardware to perform that function, therefore all 3G iphones can be downgraded but not the baseband.

I ended up just manually wiping the phone clean of everything but the music that was in my phone, sold it for $500.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    I ended up just manually wiping the phone clean of everything but the music that was in my phone, sold it for $500.
    Atleast you don't have to go through the hassle of restoring and get stuck like so many others.
    Nice work and good price, is it 3G or 3GS ?

There is another way is to sync with an Itunes on a different computer which has nothing on it and then manually delete those things like emails accounts.

3GS - I could of probably gotten more for it since it was absolutely mint, not a scratch or scuff on the thing - but I figured I wouldn't try being greedy as the only point and reason of even selling the thing is to afford the next iPhone you know.

Not sure how to do that. I did upgrade my HDD an OS, but I can't remember if I synced the phone to it or not - I might of did my initial sync when it was a clean phone but I'm not 100% on that. The only thing that's time consuming on manually wiping it is the text messages [if you're the type that never bothers to clean 'em out] and the contacts - ugh, that all took forever.

i now what its like... manually going into every contact and deleting them, only to find out you could have done it through itunes. lol