Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5.12.01 Unlock coming soon!

What are the first 5 digits of your s/no?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    what are the first 5 digits of your s/no?

Old BL - no problem
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

bstok002 (2010-06-25)

Old BL - no problem
    thank you so much, I'm going to try it!

Hey guys, stupid question but i've been researching and finding mixed answers! i have an iphone 3g which was sent to me from overseas and restored which updated it to 3.1.3 :-( as a result i have a nice paper weight stuck at the activation screen (i don't have access to a sim card as its from an overseas carrier) is there anyway for me to jailbreak and/or unlock it or am i stuck for the time being?

Thanks a million!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victorski View Post
    Hey guys, stupid question but i've been researching and finding mixed answers! i have an iphone 3g which was sent to me from overseas and restored which updated it to 3.1.3 :-( as a result i have a nice paper weight stuck at the activation screen (i don't have access to a sim card as its from an overseas carrier) is there anyway for me to jailbreak and/or unlock it or am i stuck for the time being?

Thanks a million!!
    Yes, you can jailbreak your iphone with Redsn0w 0.94 and unlock with Ultrasn0w. You do not need a sim card, Redsn0w will do the job at Emergency Screen. Follow this link :
    http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbreak-3-1-3-iphone-3g-ipod-touch-1g-2g-windows-os-x/
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-26 at 08:04 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

victorski (2010-06-28)

Victorski: either that or you get what's called a "Rebel Card" just to activate it.

It's cheap and works with all carriers.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by victorski View Post

Thanks a million!!
    The 3G can just be upgraded to iOS4 then JB with RedSn0w 0.95b5-4 and unlock with UltraSn0w - see Dev-Team Blog - all four one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nago View Post
    Victorski: either that or you get what's called a "Rebel Card" just to activate it.

It's cheap and works with all carriers.
    Good luck!
    Rebel cards have not worked since BB 2.30 and are expensive, unreliable, a waste of money and totally unnecessary.
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-06-26 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ah sweet thanks guys, i couldn't get the JB to work :-( so i thought it may not actually be a 3G phone so i checked the serial key (warranty) on the apple website and turns out its 3GS so that throws a spanner in the works are there any options for me or am i stuck ?!

Not unless the phone has it's 3.12 blobs stored on cydia.

The 3G can just be upgraded to iOS4 then JB with RedSn0w 0.95b5-4 and unlock with UltraSn0w - see Dev-Team Blog - all four one!

Rebel cards have not worked since BB 2.30 and are expensive, unreliable, a waste of money and totally unnecessary.
    I have a 3gs stuck at emergency screen. Can I upgrade to ios 4.0 and jb/ul??

No

I just jailbroken a 3G 3.1.3 iphone, and I am planning to unlock, can I still use UltraSn0w? THanks!

Of course, but why not upgrade to iOS4 ?

Of course, but why not upgrade to iOS4 ?
    I would love to, but I cannot since I do not have an active sim via AT&T. And strangely enough the itunes does not update my phone to iOS4. But I just finished, and YES! It worked beautifully!

Thanks!

Guys use spirit and Ultrasnow to unlock iphone 3gs 3.1.3 firmware,
    5.12.01 baseband and 6.02 bootloader.
    it works
    becoz i am also waiting from last 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by mahipal View Post
    Guys use spirit and Ultrasnow to unlock iphone 3gs 3.1.3 firmware,
    5.12.01 baseband and 6.02 bootloader.
    it works
    becoz i am also waiting from last 2 months.
    What has your BL got to do with anything?

Spot on confucious, from what I understand it has f all to do with unlocking, only downgrading.

Which is pointless now the unlock is out, what I still can't wait for is the hacktivation for 3gs new boot to come out

Argh!! God damn iphone, i managed to get it stuck in a recovery mode and can't get it out or recover it back to 3.1.3 as IOS4 is out! can anyone help me kick it out of recovery mode? i've tryed using FW-Umbrella and RecBoot, but i'm running windows 7 and it's having serious problems with Libusb-32 either that or i have no idea what i'm doing

Thanks a million!

Have you tried irecovery? I usedthat when mine got stuck in restore mode, worked a charm when you know the commands. Do a search in google for irecovery and you should see it

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112