Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5.12.01 Unlock coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by HA5TY View Post
    so I installed ultrasnow and my phone restarted. there is no application for ultrasnow on the front page. How can i tell if my phone is unlocked?
    Stick a different carrier's sim card in there and see if you get their signal. If not, then it's not unlocked. If yes, then it worked. There's no other way to tell.

OMG the unlock works with 3g or 3gs 3.1.3 5.12.01, ive jailbroke and unlocked 3 iphones today 1 being a 3g and the other being 3gs all on the above OS and baseband. Use SPIRIT for jailbreak, open cydia up and add souce repo666.ultrasn0w.com once you add that source in cydia, search ultrasn0w should be the first one that comes up released by the dev team LAST NIGHT!! And it does work!! Once again I have unlocked 3 iPhones in past 24HRS!!

You wont see any ultrasn0w icon when phone reboots, put any sim in other than ATT and it should say searching for a few seconds and bammm!! you should have signal on whatever carries sim your using.

what phone? what OS? what baseband? I had a few errors but i just kept tapping ok, and the phone unlocked fine after restart.
    Last edited by mitchellm203; 2010-06-23 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnnylovescookies's Avatar
    Thanks

Its unlocked
    Summer Wish-List
    Unlock 3G 3.1.3, 5.12.01 []
    Get a red backplate for my 3g []

Hey all.

So...Can anyone confirm that this will unlock the 3GS? (confusius?). If I jailbreak with Spirit and then download UltrasnOw within Cydia? I have never jailbroken this phone and have no blobs beyond 3.1.3.

The Dev Team says pwange tool won't work yet for spirit broken 3gs, but will this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellm203 View Post
    OMG the unlock works with 3g or 3gs 3.1.3 5.12.01, ive jailbroke and unlocked 3 iphones today 1 being a 3g and the other being 3gs all on the above OS and baseband. Use SPIRIT for jailbreak, open cydia up and add souce repo666.ultrasn0w.com once you add that source in cydia, search ultrasn0w should be the first one that comes up released by the dev team LAST NIGHT!! And it does work!! Once again I have unlocked 3 iPhones in past 24HRS!!

You wont see any ultrasn0w icon when phone reboots, put any sim in other than ATT and it should say searching for a few seconds and bammm!! you should have signal on whatever carries sim your using.

what phone? what OS? what baseband? I had a few errors but i just kept tapping ok, and the phone unlocked fine after restart.

what sim u used to activate ur 3gs as spirit doesnt work in unactivated iphone?

If you have a 3GS 3.1.3 OS with 5.12.01 baseband,this will work, if you use spirit to jailbreak, then use ultra snow to unlock, IT DOES WORK i am posting pictures now

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    what sim u used to activate ur 3gs as spirit doesnt work in unactivated iphone?
    I used ATT sim, but as far as I know you dont need a sim card to activate, just itunes.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26...3/100_1065.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26...3/100_1064.jpg

Very last picture shows my 3GS on 3.1.3 5.12.01 with a roshan sim chip in for Afghanistan with signal, here is your proof and validation that this does work.
    Last edited by mitchellm203; 2010-06-23 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you have a 3GS 3.1.3 OS with 5.12.01 baseband,this will work, if you use spirit to jailbreak, then use ultra snow to unlock, IT DOES WORK i am posting pictures now

I used ATT sim, but as far as I know you dont need a sim card to activate, just itunes.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26...100_1067-1.png

Very last picture shows my 3GS on 3.1.3 5.12.01 with a roshan sim chip in for Afghanistan with signal, here is your proof and validation that this does work.
    you are showing your serial number ....

if you think you can hack my phone while im in afghanistan, then by all means, try it haha, i have a pre paid sim, i cant even get online with it, and ill never use ATT in the USA, because all ATT does is drop calls, same with T mobile, and im on pretty secure network so yeah not really worried about it. I just left my ip out because i dont need my phone to get a virus or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mtarrant05 View Post
    Hey all.

So...Can anyone confirm that this will unlock the 3GS? (confusius?). If I jailbreak with Spirit and then download UltrasnOw within Cydia? I have never jailbroken this phone and have no blobs beyond 3.1.3.

The Dev Team says pwange tool won't work yet for spirit broken 3gs, but will this? Thanks.
    Yes, the 3GS can be JB on 3.13, just don't upgrade to 4.0 if you JB with Spirit.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks!

I'm selling my 3GS along with 2 others on ebay unlocked. I've just jailbroken and am ready to install ultrasnow thru cydia...but if I unlock and then continue to use my ATT SIM for a few days will they brick/lock my phone? I know it doesn't make sense to unlock and then use att still, so I wanted to ask.

(I'm waiting till tuesday to get my Iphone 4 but need to use the phone for another day or two)

Not a problem.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Not a problem.
    sorry, was that a response to my question? It won't be an issue if I do that?

Yes it was. No it won't.

Yay...I've just jailbreaked my 3G.

From 3.1.3 and 05.12 baseband, without any jailbreak, I hit update via iTunes to iOS4. After that I used redsn0w_win_09.5b5-4 to get activate and jailbreak and ultrasn0w for baseband unlock.
    And now i'm running on 4.0 with 05.13.04.

Million thank you!

thanks a lot sir!

Quote Originally Posted by clvb View Post
    Yay...I've just jailbreaked my 3G.

From 3.1.3 and 05.12 baseband, without any jailbreak, I hit update via iTunes to iOS4. After that I used redsn0w_win_09.5b5-4 to get activate and jailbreak and ultrasn0w for baseband unlock.
    And now i'm running on 4.0 with 05.13.04.

Million thank you!

Will this work on a 3GS?
    Last edited by mtarrant05; 2010-06-24 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah ur phone got activated becaz u used an att sim. as att sim is valid contract sim for iphone it activated the phone and spirit worked. if u used a local sim instead of att the phone wudnt be activated and spirit wudnt worked.

cheers bro.

Quote Originally Posted by mtarrant05 View Post
    thanks a lot sir!

Will this work on a 3GS?
    No.

I'm confused. is therre a way to unlock my iphone if its on 3.1.2 with 5.12.01 baseband? its already jb with blackrain. thanks!

Old bootloader? Yes - use pwnage to upgrade to 3.0 and UltraSn0w to unlock.
    New bootloader? Yes - stay on 3.12 and use UltraSn0w to unlock.
    Thanks to my friend Sherif Hashim, any 3G/3GS can be unlocked if it can be pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Old bootloader? Yes - use pwnage to upgrade to 3.0 and UltraSn0w to unlock.
    New bootloader? Yes - stay on 3.12 and use UltraSn0w to unlock.
    Thanks to my friend Sherif Hashim, any 3G/3GS can be unlocked if it can be pwned.
    which one is the old bootloader and which one is the new? thanks

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast